Do you want to save money by buying low-cost Volvo XC60 insurance in Las Vegas? Purchasing discount Las Vegas Volvo XC60 insurance quotes on the web may seem to be impossible for consumers who are new to comparing prices on the web. With so many options of companies, how can you be able to compare every auto insurance company to find better prices?
Statistics show that about 70% of customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. American drivers can save almost 47% each year by just shopping around, but most undervalue the benefits if they switch to a new company.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because auto insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest rate on Volvo XC60 insurance in Las Vegas two years ago a different company probably has better prices today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Discount Las Vegas auto insurance rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Certain credits will be shown at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about before you will receive the discount.
- Driver Safety - Taking part in a defensive driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper rates.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home at college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure more than one vehicle on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Telematics Data - Policyholders that allow their company to study driving manner by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your overall bill.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- MetLife discounts include claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, payment discounts, multi-car, driver training, student away at school, new car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- SAFECO offers discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, drive less, and teen safe driver.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good student, multi-car, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not apply in your area. To choose insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Finding Volvo XC60 insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada
To find cheaper prices, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many available auto insurance companies in Nevada. The easiest way by far to find cheaper Volvo XC60 rates is to get quotes online. When comparison shopping, comparing a large number of companies helps you find better pricing.
The following companies are ready to provide comparison quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$166||$318||$276||$16||$82||$858||$72|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$166||$252||$262||$16||$78||$774||$65|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$166||$298||$262||$16||$78||$820||$68|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$370||$694||$354||$20||$106||$1,544||$129|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific Las Vegas garaging location which can revise coverage prices greatly.
Volvo XC60 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop full coverage
There isn't a written rule for eliminating full coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Volvo XC60 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Premiums by gender and age
The information below illustrates the comparison of Volvo XC60 insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the items used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Eliminate unneeded incidental coverages - There are many extra coverages that may not really be needed if you don't pay attention. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
- Gals tend to cost less - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have higher claims. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Improve your credit rating and save - Having a bad credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores. If your credit history could use some work, you could save money insuring your Volvo XC60 by improving your credit score.
- Never let your insurance policy expire - Driving without insurance coverage in place can get your license suspended and companies may charge more for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage could earn you fines and jail time. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Nevada DMV.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Proper usage rating affects rates - The higher the miles on your Volvo annually the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles that are left in the garage qualify for better rates than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your insurance policy is rated on how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. Improper usage on your XC60 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Insurance loss statistics a Volvo XC60 - Companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Volvo XC60 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to a policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. You are unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Do they offer discounts for home and auto coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- What if I don't agree with a claim settlement offer?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is an umbrella policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
You may need help from an insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to talk to a local agent and we recommend doing that A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get lower premium rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting a insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Las Vegas?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Once you have received good responses to these questions and a low price estimate, you've probably found a company that will service your policy.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost, insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your XC60 with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volvo for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Nevada is overpaying over $869 every year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Insurance savings summarized
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Volvo XC60 insurance car insurance rates online in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Much more information about insurance in Nevada can be found at the links below
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)