Are you sick and tired of sacrificing to insure your Volvo every month? You're in the same situation as many other vehicle owners in Nevada.
It's astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Las Vegas insurance shoppers could save as much as $500 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to spend time to compare rate quotes online.
Lots of car insurance companies contend for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Volvo S60 insurance in Las Vegas.
Just remember that making a lot of price comparisons increases your odds of finding a lower rate.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need insurance for your Volvo vehicle
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your S60 with a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
- Car insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Volvo as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Vegas is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to save money.
Get cheaper Volvo S60 insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known as well as the least known credits that may apply to you. If you don't get every credit available, you're just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Full Payment Discount - If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claims - Claim-free drivers pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Volvo may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it's just not the way it works. But all discounts will positively reduce the cost of coverage.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- SAFECO may include discounts for multi-car, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, safe driver, and bundle discounts.
- American Family may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, air bags, good driver, mySafetyValet, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, good driver, multi-policy, and claim-free.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, federal employee, anti-theft, air bags, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, anti-theft, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in your area. To locate insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Compare rate quotes but work with a local Las Vegas insurance agent
Many people prefer to sit down with an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an provider requires more thought than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Las Vegas?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Shown below are Las Vegas insurers that are able to give price quote information for Volvo S60 insurance in Las Vegas.
Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
After receiving positive feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found an provider that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Different people need different insurance coverages
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Cheap auto insurance prices are available
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced Volvo S60 insurance in Las Vegas is possible on the web as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, so you need to shop Las Vegas auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not offer internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
You just learned some good ideas how you can reduce Volvo S60 insurance premium rates online in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Edge? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)