Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost Toyota Highlander insurance in Reno? Have you finally had enough of scraping the payment together to pay auto insurance each month? You are in the same boat as the majority of other people in Nevada.
Inconceivable but true, most auto insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in Nevada could save roughly $545 each year just by shopping around, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
People have many auto insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to find the lowest cost provider for Toyota Highlander insurance in Reno.
Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Reno is actually not that difficult if you follow our advice. If you currently have auto insurance, you will be able to save money using the concepts covered in this article. Although Nevada drivers must understand the way companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
It's important to know that having more price comparisons helps you find a better price. Some regional insurers cannot provide Reno Highlander insurance quotes online, so you should also compare prices from them as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer free quotes in Reno, NV. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$232||$394||$324||$20||$96||$1,066||$89|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$290||$470||$314||$18||$94||$1,186||$99|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$210||$342||$296||$18||$88||$954||$80|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$160||$306||$348||$20||$104||$938||$78|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$206||$366||$416||$24||$124||$1,136||$95|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$236||$374||$314||$18||$94||$1,036||$86|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$142||$246||$290||$18||$86||$782||$65|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$244||$382||$308||$18||$92||$1,044||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can change premium rates considerably.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault collisions drive up Toyota Highlander annual premium costs for each different age group. The costs are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Highlander car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no exact rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Toyota Highlander replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $800 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance deductibles
The information below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can change Toyota Highlander premium costs for different age groups. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Here's why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Reno, car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Toyota has a loan, it's most likely the lender will require that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
State Farm, GEICO and Progressive continually stream ads on television and other media. All the companies try to convey promises that people will save if you move your policy. How does each company give you a lower rate on Toyota Highlander insurance in Reno? This is the way they can do it.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. One example of a desirable risk might be described as over the age of 45, has no tickets, and insures a new vehicle. A driver who matches that profile receive the lowest rate quotes in Reno and will also pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
People who do not meet the ideal profile may be forced to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "people who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much money. That's why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of these techniques, it's extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It's not possible to predict which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance rates in Reno
Companies don't always advertise the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Reno car insurance online.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Claim Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get lower prices on the low mileage vehicles.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Memberships - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers who don't get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to accident prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Progressive and Allstate allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount - Some insurance carriers give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky.
Some companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Double check with all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Reno. If you would like to view insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Reno, click here to view.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Reno auto insurance agents?
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Reno who will give you quotes for your business. You don't have to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Does their agency support local causes in Reno?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Reno?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Reno for you
When searching for a local Reno insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies to choose from. Car insurance agents in Reno can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Reno that can give you price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When shopping rates, you will want to get quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are Reno independent insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Ellett James D Insurance Agency
5450 Riggins Ct - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 324-1771 - View Map
Nationwide Insurance - Rielli Insurance and Financial Services, LLC
10399 Double R Blvd #107 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 502-8444 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable premiums
Cheaper Toyota Highlander insurance in Reno can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Reno agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don't offer online rate quotes and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on Toyota Highlander insurance in Reno. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Reno car insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest premium rates come from a lesser-known regional company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
To read more, link through to the articles below:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in North Las Vegas, NV? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Boulder City, NV? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)