Are you drained from not being able to afford to insure your Volkswagen every month? You're in the same situation as many other vehicle owners in Nevada.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never taken the time to shop around. Nevada drivers can save about $550 each year just by comparing rates, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates and save money.
Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate on Volkswagen Eos insurance in Las Vegas.
If you have a policy now, you will definitely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques covered below. Buying the cheapest auto insurance in Las Vegas is not that difficult. But Nevada drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because it can help you find the best coverage.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes direct online. The process is fairly simple because it's just a matter of typing in your coverage preferences into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their system gets credit information and your driving record and generates pricing information based on these factors. Using the web to get quotes for Volkswagen Eos insurance in Las Vegas simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to do this if you want to get lower-cost rates.
In order to compare pricing, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting rate comparison quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|EOS Komfort Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$142||$306||$348||$20||$104||$920||$77|
|EOS Luxury Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$306||$472||$404||$24||$120||$1,326||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can modify rates substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Eos insurance premiums for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can affect Volkswagen Eos insurance costs for different insured age categories. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Volkswagen Eos liability-only versus full coverage
The chart below examines Volkswagen Eos car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Nevada minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Volkswagen Eos replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Affordable Volkswagen Eos insurance rates in Las Vegas
Car insurance companies do not advertise every discount very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online. If you don't get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of more than 20%.
- E-sign Discounts - Certain insurance companies will give you a small discount for completing your application online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child enroll and complete driver's education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- College Student - Kids who live away from home to go to college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Theft Deterrent - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, driver's education, student away at school, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century has savings for defensive driver, early bird, good student, theft prevention, and driver training.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, mySafetyValet, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good student, bundle, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA may offer discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good student, and education and occupation.
If you want affordable Volkswagen Eos insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To view insurers with significant discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
Car insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volkswagen Eos in Las Vegas, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volkswagen has a loan, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen for a lot more money and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Volkswagen but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Local Las Vegas car insurance agents and insurance
A lot of people prefer to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes to get your business. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. It's the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long has the business existed?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Las Vegas?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Where are claims handled?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Two types of Las Vegas auto insurance agents
If you want to use a local Las Vegas insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Las Vegas are considered either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
LaDonna Koeller - State Farm Insurance Agent
4275 N Rancho Dr #155 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 636-9447 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company which requires no work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you will want to get several quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.
After getting reasonable responses and an affordable coverage quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to properly service your insurance policy.