Would you like to stop overpaying and find more affordable auto insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas consumers have a choice when looking for the best price on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the best way to quote coverages for your Toyota and find the cheapest rates either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
It's smart to do price comparisons every six months because prices change quite often. Even if you got the best rates on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Las Vegas two years ago you will most likely find a better premium rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to find out the best way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, you can follow these tips to save money without reducing protection. Our objective is to let you in on the best methods to compare rates and how you can save the most money. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to shop for car insurance online.
Getting a low cost price on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance is a great way to save money. The only requirement is to take time comparing price quotes from some recommended companies.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|FJ Cruiser 2WD||$190||$208||$404||$24||$120||$946||$79|
|FJ Cruiser 4WD||$160||$214||$348||$20||$104||$846||$71|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can increase or decrease insurance rates significantly.
Drive safe and save
The example below shows how violations and fender-benders can influence Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Las Vegas?
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Good Driver Discount - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Some companies provide a discount for switching to them prior to your current FJ Cruiser insurance policy expiring. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- E-sign - Certain larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing over the internet.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, multi-policy, group or association, paperless, and safe driver.
- American Family has savings for air bags, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good student, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for Switch & Save, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, claim free, defensive driver, renters, and safety device.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, homeowner, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- AAA discounts include pay-in-full, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and multi-car.
Double check with every company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in Las Vegas.
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to your email. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a good Las Vegas insurance agent, it's important to understand the types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Car insurance agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas that may be able to provide pricing information.
- AmeriSent Insurance
6070 S Eastern Ave #400 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 456-1400 - View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
2349 E Bonanza Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 671-4081 - View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Misty Chadwick
2620 Regatta Dr Ste 122 - Las Vegas, NV 89128 - (702) 451-4409 - View Map
- Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Nancy Kim
2213 Paradise Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 685-4888 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- How are they compensated?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
Toyota FJ Cruiser Insurance Rate Factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time. When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
The following are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Safer vehicles mean better car insurance rates - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
- You might want pay the small policy claims yourself - If you file claims often, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Nevada award the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- What are good liability protection limits? - The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are responsible for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Consider raising deductibles - Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Protection for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse - Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
- Annual miles is a factor - Driving a lot of miles in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. A lot of companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. An incorrectly rated FJ Cruiser can cost quite a bit.
- Does car insurance cost more for guys? - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don't assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men have fender benders in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though Las Vegas FJ Cruiser insurance rates can get expensive, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your Toyota and your personal assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to save money.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Low-cost Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance in Las Vegas can be sourced on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Las Vegas auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read many ways to shop for Toyota FJ Cruiser insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests or even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More information can be found at these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teachers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)