Want to learn the secrets to finding the cheapest Lexus RX 350 insurance in Las Vegas? Overpriced insurance in Las Vegas can dwindle your savings account and make it tough to pay other bills.
It's hard to fathom, but most consumers in Nevada kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in America could save themselves approximately $860 a year, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates online. Many car insurance companies vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive lowest price on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Las Vegas.
It's a great practice to price shop coverage every six months because insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Lexus RX 350 insurance in Las Vegas two years ago you may be paying too much now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're about to learn how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you are already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to shop for the lowest rates without sacrificing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Las Vegas is much easier if you have a good place to start. You just need to know how to buy insurance from multiple carriers.
Shop Lexus RX 350 insurance online
Most major insurance companies allow consumers to get prices for coverage direct online. Getting Lexus RX 350 insurance prices online is quite easy as you simply enter your coverage information into a form. Behind the scenes, the company's rating system collects your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information. The ability to get online quotes for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Las Vegas makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's very important to perform this step if you are searching for the most affordable car insurance rates.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you duplicate your coverages identical to your current policy. This makes sure you're receiving rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$178||$386||$452||$26||$136||$1,178||$98|
|RX 350 4WD||$286||$636||$366||$22||$110||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Lexus RX 350 annual premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Lexus RX 350 replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims raise Lexus RX 350 insurance costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though Las Vegas RX 350 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lexus RX 350, almost every bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your Lexus RX 350 and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to ensure rates are inline.
Brand name doesn't guarantee savings
Nevada consumers constantly see and hear ads that claim the best rates from the likes of State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to try to convey promises that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch your policy.
How is it possible that every company can charge you less for car insurance? This is the trick they use.
Many companies give the cheapest rates for the type of driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable insured might be between the ages of 30 and 50, has a clean driving record, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who matches that profile will get the preferred premium rates in Las Vegas and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Consumers who don't meet the "perfect" profile must pay a higher premium with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save money. That is how companies can truthfully make those statements.
Because of this risk profiling, you should quote coverage with many companies. It's just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Get affordable Lexus RX 350 insurance in Las Vegas with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may be missing some discounts that you may not even know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers are able to get reduced rates.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, multi-policy, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, new move discount, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, paid in full, teen driver, safe vehicle, group or association, and paperless.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, daytime running lights, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, good student, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, and bundle discounts.
Check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply in Las Vegas.
What if I want to buy from local Las Vegas insurance agencies?
A small number of people just want to have an agent's advice and that is a smart decision Most agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You won't need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Las Vegas insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents in Las Vegas are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's good to learn how they differ because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
Below is a small list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who may provide competitive price quotes.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map
Choosing the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Las Vegas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
One last note
We just presented many tips how you can shop for Lexus RX 350 insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Las Vegas car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
When searching for affordable Lexus RX 350 insurance quotes, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)