How long has it been since the last time you looked for low-cost Kia Soul insurance in Henderson? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Kia Soul in Nevada can be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to save time. There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and we'll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for your Kia and get the best price possible either online or from Henderson insurance agents.
It's a good habit to do price comparisons every six months because insurance rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best deal on Kia Soul insurance in Henderson six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the fastest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you're already insured or just want to reduce your rates, use these money-saving tips to find better prices without having to cut coverage. Comparing quotes for the best car insurance coverage in Henderson is not as difficult as people think. Consumers just have to know the most efficient way to shop instantly.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies don't necessarily list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Active Military Service - Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Low Mileage - Keeping the miles down on your Kia could be rewarded with discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Memberships - Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Good Students Pay Less - Excelling in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Save over 55 - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Henderson car insurance quote.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you're out of luck. But all discounts should definitely cut the premium cost.
Companies and a selection of discounts include:
- GEICO offers discounts including seat belt use, good student, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- Travelers discounts include payment discounts, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, IntelliDrive, home ownership, and student away at school.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for youthful driver, driver training, good student, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for newly retired, teen driver discount, new move discount, good student, exclusive group savings, newly married, and preferred payment discount.
- American Family may have discounts that include early bird, TimeAway discount, accident-free, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
If you need low cost Henderson car insurance quotes, ask each company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not apply in Henderson. For a list of companies that offer many of these discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Most larger insurance companies allow you to get price estimates from their websites. Getting Kia Soul insurance prices online is pretty painless as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into the form. Once entered, the system pulls reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Being able to quote online for Kia Soul insurance in Henderson makes it simple to compare prices and it's very important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates.
To compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will be getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The car insurance companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Henderson, NV. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in specific location which can alter prices significantly.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can influence Kia Soul car insurance costs for different age groups. The prices are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Physical damage deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can impact Kia Soul insurance premiums for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Kia Soul liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Kia Soul annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Kia Soul settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
There's no such thing as the perfect insurance policy
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well. For example, these questions may help you determine whether you could use an agent's help.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Kia Soul is totaled?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Shop online but buy locally
Many drivers would rather talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can find cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is transmitted to insurance agents in Henderson who will give you bids to get your business. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Henderson, get answers to these questions.
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How many companies do they write for?
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Henderson agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can do a good job, but it's important to know the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into which agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company like State Farm or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Henderson willing to provide price quote information.
- State Farm: Steve Arrington
325 W Lake Mead Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 565-9743 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Steven Schiebel
1590 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #120 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 451-4565 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Jennifer Montisano
181 N Arroyo Grande Blvd #100 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 262-5525 - View Map
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company so they can write business amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent. When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to get several quotes from at least one independent agent in order to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Henderson who can help you get rate quotes.
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St - Henderson, NV 89044 - (866) 694-9046 - View Map
- Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
Shop smart and save
More affordable car insurance in Henderson can be found both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Henderson car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies sell through local independent agencies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Dayton, Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)