Trying to find lower-priced auto insurance rates in Henderson, NV? Henderson buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Honda Pilot insurance. They can either waste time calling around to get rate comparisons or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and find the best price possible from both online companies and Henderson agents.
It's a good habit to get comparison quotes before your next renewal due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best rate on Honda Pilot insurance in Henderson at your last renewal you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the quickest way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
If you have insurance now or just want to reduce your rates, you can use these techniques to reduce premiums and still get good coverage. Our objective is to teach you how car insurance works and also pocket some savings Drivers just have to learn the most time-saving way to find the lowest price instantly.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Henderson
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Avoid coverage lapses - Driving any period of time without insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better prices - Cars with high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates.
- Men pay more for auto insurance - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men are in accidents at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Cheaper rates by combining - Some auto insurance companies will give lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, drivers will still want to compare other Henderson Pilot insurance rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Loss probability for a Honda Pilot - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when determining insurance rates. Models that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher rates. The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Honda Pilot vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Honda Pilot Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Pilot 4dr 2WD 70 96 69 82 82 86 Honda Pilot 4dr 4WD 79 105 81 88 74 82
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies in the list below can provide price quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pilot LX 2WD||$150||$226||$296||$18||$88||$778||$65|
|Pilot EX 2WD||$210||$300||$400||$24||$120||$1,054||$88|
|Pilot EX 4WD||$142||$204||$324||$20||$96||$786||$66|
|Pilot EX-L 2WD||$214||$372||$372||$22||$112||$1,092||$91|
|Pilot EX-L 4WD||$232||$394||$324||$20||$96||$1,066||$89|
|Pilot Touring 2WD||$258||$454||$400||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Pilot Touring 4WD||$234||$408||$296||$18||$88||$1,044||$87|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
Auto insurance deductibles
The example below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Honda Pilot yearly insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
How careless driving impacts Henderson auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents raise Honda Pilot insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Henderson, paying for car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Honda gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Determine discounts on Henderson insurance
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with a few insurance companies.
- Online Discount - Certain companies provide a small discount simply for signing on their website.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Claim-Free Discount - Insureds with no claims or accidents can save substantially in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Bundle and Save - If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Henderson without a vehicle on campus may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Drivers Education - It's a good idea to have your young drivers successfully take a driver's education course in school.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Auto/Life Discount - Some insurance companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you're out of luck.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, good student, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, military active duty, air bags, and federal employee.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for mature driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, business and professional, multi-car, and youthful driver.
- AAA may have discounts that include education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- USAA may offer discounts for family discount, military installation, vehicle storage, defensive driver, and driver training.
It's a good idea to ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area. If you would like to see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers still prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Henderson.
Upon completion of this short form, your coverage information is emailed to insurance agents in Henderson that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are searching for a reliable agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Henderson agents are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the subtle differences because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company which is easy for the insured. When shopping rates, it's recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Henderson that may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
- Express Auto Insurance LLC
1371 W Warm Springs Rd - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 907-0000 - View Map
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. These agents are highly trained on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often use the same agent partially due to the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are Henderson exclusive insurance agents willing to provide price quotes.
- Dino DeGregorio - State Farm Insurance Agent
3037 W Hrzn Rg Pkwy Ste 100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 982-0696 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
19 S Stephanie St #190 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 565-9198 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Conner Family and Associates, LLC
30 S Water St a - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 564-0665 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they work with in Henderson?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How long has the business existed?
- How are they compensated?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
If you feel you receive positive responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Don't give up on affordable rates
As you shop your coverage around, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, extreme rates for teen drivers, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Affordable Honda Pilot insurance in Henderson is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)