How long has it been since you sat down and looked for cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance in Henderson? Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together to buy auto insurance? You are no different than many other Nevada drivers.
Shockingly, 70% of consumers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. Henderson consumers can cut their rates by $500 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to spend time to save money by comparing rate quotes. Lots of insurance companies contend for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a provider and get the definite lowest price on Chevy Equinox insurance in Henderson.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates yearly because auto insurance prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on Chevy Equinox insurance in Henderson two years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of wrong information about Equinox insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some good information on how to put money back in your pocket.
Cutting your Henderson auto insurance rates is not a difficult process. You just have to invest a few minutes comparing rates online with multiple companies.
Doing online quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to spend time driving to and from local Henderson insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the personal advice of a local Henderson agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$214||$398||$416||$24||$124||$1,176||$98|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$266||$478||$308||$18||$92||$1,162||$97|
|Equinox LS AWD||$204||$394||$324||$20||$96||$1,038||$87|
|Equinox LT AWD||$166||$318||$348||$20||$104||$956||$80|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$230||$468||$290||$18||$86||$1,092||$91|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$184||$366||$416||$24||$124||$1,114||$93|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$162||$342||$372||$22||$112||$1,010||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can revise coverage prices considerably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Chevrolet Equinox annual premium costs for each different age category. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cheaper Henderson insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below details some of the best known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers can get lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a house in Henderson may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable data collection to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Putting insurance on a new Equinox can save up to 30% since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student - Kids living away from Henderson attending college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Club Memberships - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Early Switch Discount - A few insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help lower your insurance premiums.
Large insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, good driver, anti-theft, good student, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, driver's education, and multiple policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, defensive driver, online quote, online shopper, good student, and emergency road assistance.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including good student, easy pay, business or organization, family plan, and defensive driving.
If you need cheaper Henderson car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in Henderson.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Certain consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Henderson who will give you bids to get your business. You won't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Is there a local claims center in Henderson?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Henderson auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to buy insurance from a local Henderson insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can select. Insurance agents in Henderson may be either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's good to learn the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Henderson willing to provide comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to include independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following are independent agencies in Henderson that can give you comparison quotes.
2736 Marie Antoinette St - Henderson, NV 89044 - (866) 694-9046 - View Map
Steve Leone and Sarah Loy (Leone and Loy Agency) representing American National Insurance Company
1368 Paseo Verde Pkwy #200a - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 368-4040 - View Map
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you'll find typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, fire damage, falling objects, hitting a deer and theft. The most you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Due to the fact that many Nevada drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Equinox caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Equinox in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people's claims, and doesn't cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, repair bills for other people's vehicles and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, dental work and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be persistent to save money
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheaper Chevy Equinox insurance in Henderson can be found from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, so get free Henderson car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
You just learned a lot of techniques to save on Chevy Equinox insurance in Henderson. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Henderson car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers may even find the best rates are with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional insurance information can be read on the following sites:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Electric Cars in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fallon, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Handicapped Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)