How long has it been since you compared cheaper Porsche 911 insurance in Henderson? Finding low cost prices for Porsche 911 insurance in Henderson can seem to be slightly frustrating for drivers not familiar with comparing rates online. With so many insurance agents and companies in the marketplace, it can easily be a chore to find more affordable rates in Nevada.
Astonishing but true, almost 70% of drivers in Nevada kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. American drivers could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the big savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage yearly because rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best premium rates on Porsche 911 insurance in Henderson last year there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you're about to learn the fastest way to buy cheaper Porsche 911 insurance in Henderson.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies gives you a better chance of getting the best rates.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$782||$348||$20||$104||$1,564||$130|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$540||$400||$24||$120||$1,316||$110|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$888||$268||$16||$80||$1,674||$140|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$376||$858||$400||$24||$120||$1,778||$148|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$276||$478||$344||$20||$102||$1,220||$102|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$434||$1022||$416||$24||$124||$2,020||$168|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$308||$656||$314||$18||$94||$1,390||$116|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$208||$538||$296||$18||$88||$1,148||$96|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$744||$276||$16||$82||$1,480||$123|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$264||$556||$290||$18||$86||$1,214||$101|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$618||$296||$18||$88||$1,288||$107|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$474||$1120||$372||$22||$112||$2,100||$175|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$392||$784||$308||$18||$92||$1,594||$133|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$338||$868||$296||$18||$88||$1,608||$134|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in zip code location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates significantly.
Porsche 911 insurance rates: Men versus women
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Porsche 911 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance rates are higher with tickets and accidents
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims can increase Porsche 911 yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Porsche 911 car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no set guideline to delete physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Porsche 911 replacement cost is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Protect your Porsche 911 and other assets
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Henderson, insurance is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Porsche 911 with a loan, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Porsche at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Porsche gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $820 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other criteria are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower rates.
- Drivers with high credit save - Credit history will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have bad credit. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Porsche 911 if you improve your credit rating.
- High premiums for younger drivers - Teenage drivers in Nevada are statistically shown to get distracted easily when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Rates for males may be higher - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. It does not mean women are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for auto accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Safer occupants lowers rates - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. The safest vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles - Insurers factor in insurance loss information when setting premium rates. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Porsche 911 Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Porsche 911 insurance in Henderson
Some insurers don't always list every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting coverage on a new 911 is cheaper because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Safety Course Discount - Passing a driver safety class is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Federal Government Employee - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers who don't get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- ABS Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage - Maintaining low annual mileage could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Henderson, click here.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying your policy, there is no cookie cutter policy. You are unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Local agents and car insurance
A lot of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Henderson who want to provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to the email address you provide. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- How many years have they been established?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Henderson?
If you want to use a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Agencies in Henderson can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type can usually just insure with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company's prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Henderson who can help you get price quotes.
- Randy Wilcox - State Farm Insurance Agent
11115 S Eastern Ave #130 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 617-9111 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Barbara Nielson
1776 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy Ste 110 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 906-1860 - View Map
- J.J. Tucker - State Farm Insurance Agent
10890 S Eastern Ave #115 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 616-1000 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies who may have lower rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Henderson that can give you price quote information.
- All Nevada Insurance
10624 S Eastern Ave # L - Henderson, NV 89052 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 434-7640 - View Map
- Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
Cheaper car insurance premiums are out there
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions, policy non-renewal and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Henderson is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Henderson agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Elko, Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)