Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Nissan Frontier insurance in Las Vegas? Are you regretting buying overpriced Nissan Frontier insurance in Las Vegas? It's a common feeling and you're not the only one.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many drivers in Las Vegas could save an average of up to 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't invest the time required to find cheap rates by getting comparison quotes.
Insurance companies such as GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and it is difficult to sift through the bull and take the time to shop coverage around.
It's a good idea to take a look at other company's rates periodically because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Nissan Frontier insurance in Las Vegas on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you're about to find out one of the quickest ways to get good coverage on Nissan Frontier insurance in Las Vegas at a lower rate.
Compare free Las Vegas Nissan Frontier insurance quotes
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it's necessary to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Frontier XE King Cab 2WD||$154||$334||$370||$22||$110||$990||$83|
|Frontier SE King Cab 2WD||$164||$260||$392||$24||$118||$958||$80|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 2WD||$264||$478||$504||$30||$152||$1,428||$119|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 2WD||$142||$286||$500||$30||$150||$1,108||$92|
|Frontier LE King Cab 2WD||$134||$232||$396||$24||$118||$904||$75|
|Frontier SE King Cab 4WD||$264||$406||$416||$24||$124||$1,234||$103|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 2WD||$150||$316||$362||$22||$108||$958||$80|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 2WD||$166||$374||$436||$26||$130||$1,132||$94|
|Frontier SE Crew Cab 4WD||$206||$408||$296||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|Frontier LE King Cab 4WD||$250||$324||$404||$24||$120||$1,122||$94|
|Frontier Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$230||$398||$290||$18||$86||$1,022||$85|
|Frontier Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$218||$324||$308||$18||$92||$960||$80|
|Frontier LE Crew Cab 4WD||$264||$462||$372||$22||$112||$1,232||$103|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise prices significantly.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below shows the difference between Nissan Frontier yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There isn't a steadfast formula that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Nissan Frontier replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after you pay the deductible. If it's costing in excess of $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Car insurance policy discounts for Nissan Frontier insurance in Las Vegas
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your policy.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow data collection to study driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted car insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
As a sidenote, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of car insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, good driver, accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, daytime running lights, military active duty, driver training, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including hybrid vehicle, multi-car, teen driver discount, good student, new graduate, safety features, and preferred payment discount.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, air bag, driver training, anti-theft, and bundle.
- MetLife includes discounts for claim-free, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas. To see a list of insurers with significant discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find better car insurance rates. Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Accidents increase premiums - How you drive impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records get better prices compared to bad drivers. Having a single ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Women tend to cost less - Statistics demonstrate that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but males get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Lower miles driven equals lower premium - The more miles you rack up on your Nissan each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Incorrect rating for your Frontier may be costing you higher rates. It's always a good idea to double check that your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage, because it can save money.
- Your career may increase rates - Careers such as lawyers, business owners and financial analysts generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to stressful work requirements and long work days. Other careers like farmers, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
- Nissan Frontier statistical loss data - Companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the loss history for Nissan Frontier vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Frontier Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 2WD 57 64 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab LWB 4WD 64 95 78 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 2WD 77 97 67 106 87 98 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SWB 4WD 71 95 76 70 79 85 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 2WD 73 110 71 89 87 117 Nissan Frontier Ext Cab 4WD 68 80 63 56
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agent?
Many drivers prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is emailed to companies in Las Vegas that give free quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your house as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price. Any agent in Las Vegas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Auto insurance agents in Las Vegas come in two varieties
If you are wanting to find local Las Vegas agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Las Vegas can either be exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give comparison quotes.
Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 613-0000 - View Map
How to know if you need help
When quoting and comparing proper insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- What is the minimum liability in Nevada?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Don't give up on cheap premiums
We just presented some good ideas how to find cheap Nissan Frontier insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When searching for affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)