Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Land Rover LR4 insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we're going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for a new or used Land Rover and locate the lowest possible price.
Consumers need to compare prices before your policy renews because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best price on Land Rover LR4 insurance in Las Vegas on your last policy there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding LR4 insurance online, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to find affordable auto insurance in Las Vegas.
Best companies for Land Rover LR4 insurance
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|LR4 HSE Plus||$320||$604||$314||$18||$94||$1,350||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence auto insurance rates significantly.
Impact of citations and accidents on insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims impact Land Rover LR4 auto insurance rates for each different age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Annual premiums comparing men and women
The illustration below shows the difference between Land Rover LR4 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The illustration below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Land Rover LR4 premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Four factors that determine insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels. Multiple criteria are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are more transparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Having a spouse can save you money - Having a spouse may earn you lower rates when buying car insurance. It demonstrates that you tend to be more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies - Many companies will award better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it's in your best interest to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more you drive your Land Rover each year the more you'll pay to insure it. Most companies apply a rate partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's always a good idea to double check that your car insurance policy shows the proper vehicle usage. Improper usage on your LR4 is throwing money out the window.
- What's your car's crash test rating? - Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Land Rover LR4 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Insurance loss data for a Land Rover LR4 - Insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Land Rover LR4 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Land Rover LR4 Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover LR4 4dr 4WD 87 105 134 47
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower-cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- E-sign - A few larger online companies provide a small discount simply for signing on the web.
- Anti-theft System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Las Vegas could trigger savings on your policy.
- New Vehicle Savings - Buying a new car instead of a used LR4 is cheaper since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease with some auto insurance companies.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow their auto insurance company to analyze vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Multi-car Discount - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple policy, driver's education, good driver, student away at school, anti-theft, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, membership and employees, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, and military active duty.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, student driver, driver training, teen driver, 55 and older, and defensive driver.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- The Hartford discounts include defensive driver, air bag, vehicle fuel type, good student, and anti-theft.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good driver.
It's a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered everywhere. To choose insurers with the best discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers prefer to have an agent's advice and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
By using this short form, your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent as quotes are delivered to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from one company in particular, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How long has their agency been in business in Las Vegas?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- If they are an independent agency in Las Vegas, which companies do they recommend?
If you would like to find a local Las Vegas insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agencies are either independent or exclusive. Either can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide other company's prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Las Vegas who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 462-9100 - View Map
- Ron Reedom - State Farm Insurance Agent
1943 N Nellis Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89115 - (702) 459-9546 - View Map
- Tod Young - State Farm Insurance Agent
7450 W Cheyenne Ave #105 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (702) 367-4900 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with smaller companies that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Delbrocco Agency
5150 Spring Mountain, Unit 11 - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 730-0009 - View Map
- Red Rock Insurance
1958 Village Center Cir #5 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 733-0330 - View Map
- Insurance Specialists - Auto and Home Agency
5025 S Eastern Ave #20 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 307-3398 - View Map
Once you have answers to your satisfaction as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that is reputable and can insure your vehicles.
Car insurance advertising gotchas
Nevada drivers can't get away from all the ads for the lowest price car insurance from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim that you'll save big if you change your coverage.
How do they all charge you a lower premium? Here is the trick they use.
All companies quote the lowest rates for the type of driver that will be a good risk. A good example of this type of risk profile might have to be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Someone who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest auto insurance rates in Las Vegas and is almost guaranteed to save some money.
Drivers who don't meet these standards will get higher premiums with the end result being the customer not buying. The ad wording is "people that switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save the amount stated. That's why companies can lure you into getting a quote. This illustrates why drivers should compare price quotes frequently. It's not possible to predict which car insurance company will have better premium rates than you're paying now.
One last thing to lower rates
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to save on Land Rover LR4 insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
More information can be found below:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)