Want the cheapest Kia Sorento insurance in Las Vegas? Have you had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than millions of other vehicle owners.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of car insurance customers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,620, Nevada drivers could save $500 every year, but they don't know the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
There are many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
Many insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices on their websites. Doing online price comparisons for Kia Sorento insurance in Las Vegas doesn't take much effort because it's just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system makes automated requests for reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online for Kia Sorento insurance in Las Vegas streamlines rate comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get the best rate.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, check out the car insurance providers below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you will have rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for cheaper insurance rates
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you complete an application, but some need to be asked for before you get the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Las Vegas can save you money because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Payment Method - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage may enable drivers to earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy on the web.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas auto insurance quote than drivers with accident claims.
- Mature Driver Discount - Mature drivers can get reduced rates.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, air bags, driver training, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and anti-lock brakes.
- MetLife may have discounts that include accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Travelers may include discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, new car, multi-policy, payment discounts, and student away at school.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, homeowner, safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA offers discounts for good student, pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in Las Vegas. If you would like to see a list of insurers with discount rates in Nevada, click here.
When should I get advice from an insurance agent?
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can find cheaper premium rates but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Las Vegas.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You'll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Las Vegas for you
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a local insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Which family members are covered?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agent help file claims?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in Nevada?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
If you don't know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Kia Sorento Insurance Premium Factors
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although others are not quite as obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The items below are some of the items used by companies to determine your rate level.
- Small claims can cost you - Auto insurance companies in Nevada generally give most affordable rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for larger claims.
- What are good liability protection limits? - The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Lower performance equals lower insurance prices - The make and model of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors. Since the Kia Sorento is a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Las Vegas.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Kia Sorento scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
- Obey driving laws and save - Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have serious tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Gender matters - The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure so it costs more to insure them.
- Kia Sorento insurance loss probability - Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have higher rates. The table below shows the historical loss data for Kia Sorento vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Kia Sorento Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sorento 4dr 2WD 80 86 82 110 111 94 Kia Sorento 4dr 4WD 85 87 101 97 98 85
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your Kia Sorento
Despite the high insurance cost for a Kia Sorento in Las Vegas, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Sorento has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Kia at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Kia Sorento and your assets. It will also pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $800 each year so it's recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
We've covered a lot of techniques to shop for Kia Sorento insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Sorento rate quotes. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is less work than it seems.
Additional information is available at the links below
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Uber Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Reno, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fallon, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)