Are you sick and tired of not being able to afford to make your auto insurance payment? You have the same problem as many other Nevada drivers.
Amazingly, over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Many drivers in the United States could save roughly $860 a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes. Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest rate on Ford Explorer insurance in Las Vegas.
If you're already insured or need a new policy, use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance and still have adequate protection. Locating the best rates in Las Vegas is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Comparison shoppers only need to know the most effective way to shop online.
Cheap companies for Ford Explorer insurance
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Explorer XLT 2WD||$150||$220||$290||$18||$86||$764||$64|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 2WD||$114||$172||$290||$18||$86||$680||$57|
|Explorer XLT 4WD||$184||$274||$290||$18||$86||$852||$71|
|Explorer XLT AWD||$114||$176||$296||$18||$88||$692||$58|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer 4WD||$306||$402||$404||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Explorer Eddie Bauer AWD||$268||$402||$308||$18||$92||$1,088||$91|
|Explorer Limited 2WD||$258||$470||$324||$20||$96||$1,168||$97|
|Explorer Limited 4WD||$264||$462||$372||$22||$112||$1,232||$103|
|Explorer Limited AWD||$168||$268||$290||$18||$86||$830||$69|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can revise prices substantially.
Ford Explorer liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Ford Explorer insurance costs with and without full coverage. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive guideline to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Ford Explorer replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Determine discounts to get cheap Las Vegas insurance quotes
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there could be significant discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Sign Online - Some of the larger companies give back up to $50 for signing up digitally online.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Las Vegas car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Explorer can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Distant Student - Older children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don't profit that way.
Companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts are:
If you need inexpensive Las Vegas car insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas.
Car insurance can get complicated
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
If you're not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying car insurance from Las Vegas insurance agents
Some people would rather sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this simple form, your insurance data is submitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How are claims handled?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
The following is a list of car insurance companies in Las Vegas that may be willing to give price quotes for Ford Explorer insurance in Las Vegas.
After receiving good answers to your questions and an acceptable price quote, chances are good that you have found a company that meets your needs to service your policy.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
Cost effective Ford Explorer insurance is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so you need to quote Las Vegas car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Ford Explorer insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Learners Permit in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)