Do you want low-cost Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas? Trying to come up with a payment for overpriced car insurance can draw down your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. With the average car insurance premium being $1,620, Las Vegas drivers could pocket as much as 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rates online.
Numerous auto insurance companies battle to insure your vehicles, so it's not easy to compare every company and get the definite lowest rate on Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas.
If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper insurance using these tips. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Las Vegas is not rocket science. Although Nevada car owners must know how big insurance companies price online insurance and take advantage of how the system works.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chevy Sonic insurance in Las Vegas takes advantage of the fact most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide information such as whether you drive to work or school, an estimate of your credit level, if you are currently licensed, and how many miles driven. Those rating factors is then submitted to multiple companies and you should receive rate quotes quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $700 annually so it's important to compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance policy discounts you can't miss
Car insurance companies don't list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Las Vegas Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance since home ownership shows financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save - Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you are able to get lower premium rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn substantially lower prices.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a class that teaches safe driver techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Air Bag Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance companies aren't that generous.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, teen driver, pay in full, multi-car, switch companies, and distant student.
- Esurance has savings for homeowner, safety device, anti-lock brakes, claim free, online quote, and online shopper.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, good student, federal employee, anti-theft, seat belt use, multi-policy, and air bags.
- Allstate has discounts for new car, safe driver, anti-theft, resident student, and good payer.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be offered in Las Vegas. If you would like to see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
Compare rate quotes but still have a local neighborhood Las Vegas car insurance agent
A small number of people would rather go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is submitted to companies in Las Vegas that provide free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to your email. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
Independent or Exclusive: It's your choice
When looking for a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Las Vegas willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 613-0000 - View Map
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Having a good grasp of car insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like doctor visits, hospital visits and EMT expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn't cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as legal defense fees, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy higher limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Sonic caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a building. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Sonic to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Sonic.
Since many Nevada drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, theft and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Persistence will pay off
People change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions and even policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have online rate quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. More affordable car insurance in Las Vegas is attainable both online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information can be found below:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Spanish Springs, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)