No normal person anticipates paying for auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance buyers in Nevada have been with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in the United States could save $860 a year, but they think it's difficult to compare rate quotes. Many insurers vie for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the lowest price on Buick Enclave insurance in Las Vegas.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, use these cost-cutting techniques to find better prices without sacrificing coverage. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Las Vegas is much easier if you know where to start. Shoppers just have to know how to compare company rates online.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$332||$694||$416||$24||$124||$1,590||$133|
|Enclave CX AWD||$188||$392||$348||$20||$104||$1,052||$88|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$232||$464||$348||$20||$104||$1,168||$97|
|Enclave XL AWD||$326||$648||$372||$22||$112||$1,480||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can decrease or increase rates substantially.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below examines Buick Enclave car insurance costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no definitive guideline that works best for making the decision to drop comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Buick Enclave claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, car insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Buick Enclave, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Buick at a much higher rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Buick Enclave. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your car insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Informed Consumers Can Slash Their Insurance Rates
Multiple criteria are considered when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are less apparent like where you live or your financial responsibility. The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The following are some of the items insurance companies consider when setting your rate level.
- Never let your insurance policy expire - Not maintaining insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage may result in a license revocation or jail time. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada DMV.
- Cheaper rates with high deductibles - Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage coverage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more you have to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure - Older drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets.Inexperience drivers are known to get distracted easily when driving so insurance rates are higher.
- Avoid traffic tickets - Your driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Having a single moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have serious citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Most companies will award a discount to buyers that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other Las Vegas Enclave insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Cheaper insurance rates with safer cars - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Liability coverage preserves assets - Liability insurance provides coverage in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Insurance loss data for Buick Enclave vehicles - Car insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have increased losses will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Buick Enclave Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Buick Enclave insurance in Las Vegas
Some providers don't always advertise all available discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Claim Free - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less in comparison with bad drivers.
- Defensive Driver - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you may earn at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- College Student - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and don't have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don't apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- State Farm has savings for safe vehicle, multiple autos, student away at school, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
- Travelers discounts include multi-policy, save driver, early quote, continuous insurance, multi-car, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- American Family includes discounts for multi-vehicle, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new vehicle discount, multi-policy, and preferred payment discount.
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Discounts may not apply in Las Vegas. To see companies with the best discounts in Nevada, click this link.
How much insurance do I need?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Some people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is just fine! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Las Vegas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Las Vegas?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Find cheap rates by being thorough
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it's a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find cheap Buick Enclave insurance in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding affordable Buick Enclave insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
More detailed auto insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Elko, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)