Buying cheap Reno Ford Escape insurance quotes on the internet might seem difficult for vehicle owners that are relatively new to buying their insurance over the internet. With so many agents and insurance companies available, how are we expected to have time to compare every possible option in order to find the cheapest price possible?
Unfortunately, the vast majority of insurance customers in Nevada kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers could save 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare other rate quotes.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to find better prices using these techniques. Comparison shopping for the most affordable car insurance in Reno is easy to do. But Nevada consumers benefit from understanding the way companies charge you for coverage and use it to find better rates.
To find the best insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from companies that offer insurance in Nevada. The easiest way to compare rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. It's important to know that getting more free quotes helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer free quotes in Reno, NV. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$192||$266||$344||$20||$102||$924||$77|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$198||$386||$276||$16||$82||$958||$80|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$110||$204||$276||$16||$82||$688||$57|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$168||$208||$344||$20||$102||$842||$70|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$190||$306||$316||$18||$94||$924||$77|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$294||$590||$354||$20||$106||$1,364||$114|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific Reno garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below examines Ford Escape auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The rate quotes are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Escape claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Ford Escape insurance discounts in Reno
Some insurers don't always advertise every policy discount very well, so the below list has a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if it's offered in school.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Federal Employees - Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Early Signing - A few larger companies allow discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current Escape insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Reno car insurance online.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Having all your vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Organization Discounts - Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Good Student - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- College Student - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Reno and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Cautious Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
Don't be shocked that some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- American Family may include discounts for good student, defensive driver, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and youthful driver.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, passive restraint, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, and multiple autos.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for early quote, multi-policy, multi-car, save driver, and payment discounts.
- The Hartford includes discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, air bag, and bundle.
- GEICO offers discounts for driver training, anti-lock brakes, air bags, membership and employees, multi-policy, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- Progressive has discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be available in every state. To find auto insurance companies who offer online Ford Escape insurance quotes in Reno, click here to view.
Buying the right Escape insurance in Nevada is an important decision
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Reno, auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Escape, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance preserves your Ford and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Nevada is overpaying over $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Do I need special coverages?
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
A small number of people just want to have an agent's advice. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper prices and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is especially important in Reno.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is immediately sent to participating agents in Reno who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Reno insurance agent, it's important to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent agencies in Reno that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Northern Nevada Insurance
560 California Ave - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 348-4700 - View Map
- La Luna Insurance
685 E Moana Ln - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 825-5862 - View Map
- Northern Insurance Agency
402 Crampton St - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 324-4466 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name rather than low rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Reno that can give you price quote information.
- Ron Weaver - State Farm Insurance Agent
1296 E Plumb Ln F - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 827-2255 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sierra West Insurance
6121 Lakeside Dr #210 - Reno, NV 89511 - (775) 828-9747 - View Map
- Jim Tatro - State Farm Insurance Agent
9333 Double R Blvd #1200 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 825-5433 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical expenses, attorney fees, loss of income, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer, theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
This pays for damage to your Escape from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Escape in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills such as nursing services, pain medications and dental work. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible