Having to pay for pricey Nissan Sentra insurance in Las Vegas can sap your family's budget and force you to make tough financial choices.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of insurance policyholders in Nevada renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. U.S. consumers could cut their rates by roughly $850 a year, but they don't understand how simple it is to compare rates.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Farmers Insurance continually hit you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are already insured, you will be able to cut your premiums using these techniques. Buying the cheapest insurance in Las Vegas is actually very simple if you learn how to start. But Nevada car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies calculate your insurance rates and apply this information to your search.
To get low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to get quotes from many auto insurance companies in Nevada. The recommended way to comparison shop consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it a waste of time to drive around to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing Nissan Sentra insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. It is possible with some companies price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate lower pricing.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$202||$464||$314||$18||$94||$1,092||$91|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$110||$292||$324||$20||$96||$842||$70|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$188||$374||$314||$18||$94||$988||$82|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$186||$462||$296||$18||$88||$1,050||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below illustrates the difference between Nissan Sentra insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no definitive rule for eliminating comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Sentra replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Don't overlook these Nissan Sentra insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you will save up to 20% and get you cheaper Sentra insurance.
- Paperwork-free - A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 get Las Vegas auto insurance on the web.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some insurance companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- Accident Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Passing a course teaching driver safety skills may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
The best insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, Steer into Savings, good driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Travelers offers discounts for payment discounts, driver training, new car, early quote, multi-policy, and hybrid/electric vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good student, alternative fuel, distant student, youthful driver, business and professional, and mature driver.
- USAA may include discounts for multi-policy, new vehicle, safe driver, good student, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include new vehicle discount, teen driver discount, hybrid vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state.
How Insurers Determine Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are more transparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
The following are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
Insurance rates and vehicle performance - The make and model of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Because the Nissan Sentra is classified as a sedan, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same as compared to the average rate in Las Vegas. Low performance passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Premiums also based on gender - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn't prove that females are better at driving than males. Men and women cause fender benders in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
Premiums are lower the older you get - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and receive fewer citations.Young drivers are proven to be easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher.
Stay claim-free and lower rates - Auto insurance companies in Nevada give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
Bad drivers pay high rates - Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Even a single moving violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to prove financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Eliminate extra coverages - There are many add-on coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra equipment coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if they're wasting money get rid of them and save.
Car features that lower rates - Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
Safer vehicles mean better insurance rates - Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
Nissan Sentra claim statistics - Companies analyze historical claim data when setting premium rates. Vehicles that have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Nissan Sentra Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Nissan Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agents can help
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agents is especially important in Las Vegas.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Nevada?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there isn't really a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nevada?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- How high should deductibles be on a Nissan Sentra?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Save $454 a year! What?
Popular car insurance providers such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to advertise the message that you'll save big just by switching your coverage. How do they all charge you a lower premium? This is how they do it.
Insurance providers have a certain "appetite" for the right customer that will generate a profit. One example of this type of driver may need to be a mature driver, has no prior claims, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. A driver that fits those parameters may get the lowest auto insurance rates in Las Vegas and therefore will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who don't qualify for these criteria will have to pay a higher rate with the end result being the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say "people that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save the amount stated. That is how companies can make those claims.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers must get price quotes at each policy renewal. It is just not possible to predict which car insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Nissan Sentra insurance in Las Vegas.
More effort can pay off
When getting Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Lower-priced car insurance in Las Vegas can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to reduce Nissan Sentra insurance premium rates online in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best price on car insurance is with the least-expected company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
To read more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fallon, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Toyota Tundra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teenage Females in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)