Want to learn how to save money and find more competitive Nissan Rogue insurance in Reno? Finding the cheapest insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to buy insurance and we'll show you the proper way to price shop coverage for a Nissan and obtain the cheapest rates from both online companies and Reno agents.
Unbelievably, about 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in Nevada can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but most tend to underestimate the benefits if they replace their high priced policy.
How much does Nissan Rogue insurance in Reno cost?
Getting a cheap price on Nissan Rogue insurance is an easy way to save money. All that's required is to spend a few minutes comparing rates from different insurance companies.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Reno, NV. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Rogue S 2WD||$228||$494||$394||$24||$118||$1,258||$105|
|Rogue S AWD||$186||$342||$334||$20||$100||$982||$82|
|Rogue SL 2WD||$126||$248||$366||$22||$110||$872||$73|
|Rogue SL AWD||$228||$554||$366||$22||$110||$1,280||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can alter coverage rates greatly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can raise Nissan Rogue premium costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
An analysis of deductible level
The diagram below demonstrates how deductible levels and can influence Nissan Rogue annual premium costs for different age groups. The costs are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Rogue insurance, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan Rogue has a loan, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Nissan at a much higher premium rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays as much as $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Save $491 a year. For real?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings by companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies make the point of big savings if you change your coverage to them.
How do they all save you money on Nissan Rogue insurance in Reno? Here is how they do it.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured could be between the ages of 30 and 45, has had continuous coverage, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest premium rates in Reno and will also save if they switch.
Potential customers who don't meet the ideal profile must pay higher rates which translates to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state "drivers that switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that much when switching. That's the way insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
This emphasizes why you really should compare rate quotes every year. Because without a comparison, you cannot know with any certainty which company will have better rates than you're paying now.
Affordable Reno auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply.
- Student Discounts - Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers - Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Clubs and Organizations - Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Reno can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Accident Free - Reno drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Reno car insurance quote when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- First Accident Forgiveness - This isn't a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don't have any claims for a specific time period.
- Life Insurance Discount - Select insurance companies reward you with better premium rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because it is proof that your finances are in order.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military may lower your auto insurance rates slightly.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple cars on the same auto insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, seat belt use, good student, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers may offer discounts for home ownership, continuous insurance, driver training, hybrid/electric vehicle, save driver, and early quote.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, 55 and retired, multi-policy, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-car, safety features, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for TimeAway discount, defensive driver, early bird, accident-free, bundled insurance, and air bags.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
Before buying, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply everywhere. To see companies with significant discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Reno car insurance agents?
A lot of people would rather buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance quotes but also keep your business local. And supporting local insurance agencies is still important in Reno.
Once you complete this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
If you are searching for a local Reno insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Reno are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn why they differ because it can influence buying decisions.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with small regional insurance companies that may provide cheaper auto insurance rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Reno who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance - Rielli Insurance and Financial Services, LLC
10399 Double R Blvd #107 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 502-8444 - View Map
- Capital Auto Insurance
4088 Kietzke Ln - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 853-3388 - View Map
- Bob Lopez Insurance Agency
30 Mary St - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 354-4126 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are Reno exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Clint Durocher
190 W Huffaker Ln #406 - Reno, NV 89511 - (775) 851-0888 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - John Barsanti
215 Mt Rose St - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 825-1444 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3650 S Virginia St Suite K1 - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 323-1171 - View Map
Picking an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
Once you have received positive responses as well as offering an affordable quote, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance. Just keep in mind you are able to terminate your policy when you choose so never assume that you're stuck with a specific agent with no way out.
When you buy Reno car insurance online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an insured cut collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Discount Nissan Rogue insurance in Reno is attainable online in addition to many Reno insurance agents, so get free Reno car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Nissan Rogue insurance car insurance rates in Reno. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
Other learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Car Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)