Trying to come up with a payment for pricey auto insurance can draw down your savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Performing a price comparison is a smart way to make ends meet.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in Las Vegas could save as much as 35% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company. Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it can be diffult for drivers to locate the most affordable insurer.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Las Vegas is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. If you have a policy now, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the tips covered below. Vehicle owners just have to use the most efficient way to get comparison rates from many different companies online.
Auto insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Nevada
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Seven factors that impact insurance premiums
When buying car insurance it's important to understand some of the things that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. If you know what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with better car insurance rates. Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you. If your Mazda CX-5 has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- High performance equals high rates - The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Mazda CX-5 is classified as a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Las Vegas. Low performance passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Low stress vocation equals lower rates - Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like lawyers, architects and medical professionals usually pay the highest rates due to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like professors, athletes and retirees pay the least.
- Prevent your car from being stolen - Driving a car with an alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop car theft and help bring rates down.
- Your address can impact price - Living in less populated areas has it's advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population means less chance of accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Increase coverage deductibles and save - Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims would be rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Marriage can save on car insurance - Having a significant other helps lower the price compared to being single. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics show married couples file fewer claims.
- Mazda CX-5 insurance loss data - Car insurance companies analyze the history of losses as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that have higher losses will cost more for coverage.
The information below illustrates the loss history for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Mazda CX-5 Models
Specific Mazda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get lower-cost rates with discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list every available discount very well, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees may reduce rates when you quote Las Vegas auto insurance depending on your company.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking part in a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for car insurance.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Las Vegas.
Auto insurance quotes from local Las Vegas insurance agencies
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and help you file claims. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is sent to companies in Las Vegas who will return price quotes for your business. You don't have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an insurer requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nevada?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
Shown below are Las Vegas auto insurance companies that may be willing to give price quotes for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Las Vegas.
Juan Diaz - State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 489-4242 - View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
Some companies may not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Mazda CX-5 insurance in Las Vegas is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can find affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Las Vegas auto insurance, the higher your chance of finding low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)