Expensive auto insurance in Reno can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget and force you to make sacrifices. Getting a rate comparison can lower your rates and help to tighten up your finances.
A recent survey discovered that over 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. Reno drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates online. Multiple insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a company to get the lowest rate on Lincoln MKT insurance in Reno.
You should take the time to quote other rates quite often because auto insurance prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rate on Lincoln MKT insurance in Reno a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding MKT insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best ways to quit paying high auto insurance rates in Reno.
If you have a current car insurance policy or just want to save money, use these cost-cutting techniques to reduce premiums and still have adequate protection. Finding the cheapest coverage in Reno can initially seem challenging. You only have to learn the quickest way to compare insurance rates from many different companies online.
Getting a cheaper price on insurance doesn't have to be difficult. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
It's so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it replaces the need to spend your day driving to insurance agents' offices. Quoting and buying Lincoln MKT insurance online makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional abilities of a local agency. Although you can obtain prices from the web but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Reno, NV. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$230||$392||$328||$20||$98||$1,068||$89|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$204||$342||$348||$20||$104||$1,018||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific Reno garaging location which can lower or raise auto insurance rates considerably.
Lincoln MKT liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKT premium costs with and without full coverage. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no definitive formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Lincoln MKT replacement cost is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Lincoln MKT insurance rates by gender
The chart below compares Lincoln MKT car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Lincoln MKT in Reno, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Lincoln has a lienholder, most banks will stipulate that you buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Lincoln but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Lincoln gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $820 a year so you should quote rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance advertising gotchas
Nevada consumers can't avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance by companies like Allstate and Progressive. All the companies convey the message that you'll save big just by moving your coverage.
How is it possible that every company can save you money on Lincoln MKT insurance in Reno? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies look for specific characteristics for the type of customer that will add to their bottom line. An example of a desirable risk might be a married female, has never had a claim, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Anybody who fits those characteristics gets the lowest rates and will save when switching.
Potential insureds who don't qualify for these stringent criteria will see a more expensive rate and the customer not buying. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" save that much when switching. That's why companies can make the claims of big savings. This really drives home the point why it is so important to compare free Reno car insurance quotes often. Because you never know with any certainty which company will have the lowest car insurance rates for your situation.
Save a ton by receiving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list all discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Reno and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Fewer annual miles on your Lincoln may enable drivers to earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better premium rates if you take out some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- E-sign Discounts - A few companies may give you up to $50 shop Reno car insurance over the internet.
- Federal Government Employee - Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
It's important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don't profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and multiple policy.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for multi-car, multi-policy, good student, newly married, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- American Family has discounts for air bags, accident-free, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include good student, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, and homeowner.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multi-policy, teen driver, group or association, safe driver, mature driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, bundle discounts, safe driver, accident prevention training, and drive less.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Reno. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers who offer online Lincoln MKT insurance quotes in Reno, follow this link.
Local agents and car insurance
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home because prices are sent immediately to you. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- If they are an independent agency in Reno, which companies do they recommend?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
Two types of auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can quote your rates. Reno agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's worth learning why they differ since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Reno who may provide you with price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies are not required to write business for one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you stay with the same agent. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Reno that are able to give comparison quotes.
All of Nevada Insurance
3400 Kauai Ct # 207 - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 324-1949 - View Map
You can find affordable coverage
Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and these small, regional companies work with local independent agents. Cheaper Lincoln MKT insurance in Reno can be found online and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented many ideas to compare Lincoln MKT insurance prices in Reno. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you quote Reno car insurance, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Explorer in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)