If you're searching for lower-priced insurance on the web, are you confused by the wide range of car insurance choices that you can choose from? Drivers have so many choices that it can quickly become a real challenge to lower your premium rates for Lincoln MKT insurance in Henderson. Everyone knows that Henderson is a wonderful place to live, but expensive car insurance rates can make it very difficult to make ends meet.
Inconceivable but true, most drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Nevada could save 35% every year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
It's a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because prices tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest rates on Lincoln MKT insurance in Henderson a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. There are lots of tips to save on MKT insurance on the web, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
How to compare Lincoln MKT insurance rate quotes in Henderson, Nevada
It's important to know that comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting lower pricing. Some companies don't provide online Henderson MKT insurance quotes, so you should also compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple providers are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$178||$336||$452||$26||$136||$1,128||$94|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$352||$734||$452||$26||$136||$1,700||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate information does not factor in Henderson location which can affect prices greatly.
Higher deductibles save money
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Lincoln MKT insurance costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKT yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, $500 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Lincoln MKT replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing you more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Car insurance policy discounts for Lincoln MKT insurance in Henderson
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there could be significant discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Henderson Homeowners Pay Less - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Early Signing - A few car insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current MKT insurance policy expiring. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Henderson car insurance but check with your company.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, you aren't that lucky.
To view car insurance companies who offer online Lincoln MKT insurance quotes in Nevada, click this link.
When to contact an insurance agent
Some consumers would rather sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Henderson who will give you bids for your business. There is no reason to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. It's the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, you would need to visit that company's website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Nevada?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How long has their agency been open in Henderson?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Not all auto insurance agents are the same
When narrowing the list to find an insurance agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are exclusive agents in Henderson who may provide you with rate quotes.
- State Farm: Steve Arrington
325 W Lake Mead Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 565-9743 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Julia Clarke Spataro
2298 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy #104 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 897-0000 - View Map
- Carol Drake - State Farm Insurance Agent
1913 N Green Valley Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 361-0300 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
- Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
- High Desert Insurance Agency
140 E Horizon Dr - Henderson, NV 89015 - (702) 558-8587 - View Map
Seven Tips to Get More Affordable Henderson Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels.
The items below are a few of the "ingredients" used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Where you reside plays a part - Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated Nevada areas tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Continuous car insurance coverage saves money - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Pay more by driving carelessly - Whether or not you get tickets impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Even a single citation can bump up the cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Rates go up with performance - The performance of the car you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates will generally be found on small economy passenger cars, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price. Since the Lincoln MKT is classified as a luxury crossover, rates will be substantially more when compared to the average rates in Henderson.
- Lower stress equals lower rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like lawyers, social workers and medical professionals generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like farmers, students and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Low credit rating equals high prices - Having a good credit score factor in determining premium rates. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with bad credit. If your credit can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Lincoln MKT by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Vehicle options that lower car insurance rates - Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft.
- Insurance loss data for a Lincoln MKT - Auto insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine rates. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Lincoln MKT vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lincoln MKT Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in Nevada serves several purposes
Even though Henderson MKT insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Lincoln MKT, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards your Lincoln and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't give up on affordable rates
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Cost effective Lincoln MKT insurance can be purchased on the web and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Henderson. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding the cheapest Lincoln MKT rate quotes. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Additional insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a GMC Sierra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for College Students in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)