How long has it been since you sat down and looked for cheaper insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Volkswagen Passat insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to price shop coverage on a Volkswagen and get the lowest possible price from both online companies and Las Vegas agents.
Companies offering affordable Volkswagen Passat rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Passat Komfort Station Wagon||$152||$274||$270||$16||$80||$792||$66|
|Passat Komfort 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$392||$348||$20||$104||$1,052||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can alter auto insurance rates substantially.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Passat insurance prices when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn't a written rule of when to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Passat replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Volkswagen Passat insurance in Las Vegas
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Driver Safety - Passing a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 can get a slight reduction on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Lower Rates for Military - Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- No Claims - Las Vegas drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you're out of luck. But any discount should help reduce your overall bill.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for youthful driver, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- Allstate discounts include FullPay discount, teenSMART discount, utility vehicle, farm vehicle, good student, and premier discount.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including business or organization, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, and claim-free.
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view insurers who offer online Volkswagen Passat insurance quotes in Nevada, follow this link.
Lower the Price of Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. It's important that you understand some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Women tend to be lower risk - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females have accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Your location is important - Residing in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and higher rates of accident claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Amount of liability - The liability coverage on your policy is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Don't abuse insurance claims - If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Companies in Nevada award better rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Your employer is a factor - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as real estate brokers, executives and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest rates because of intense work-related stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like professors, students and the unemployed pay the least.
- Proper usage rating affects premiums - The more you drive your Volkswagen in a year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars not used for work or commuting cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Passat is just wasting money. It's always a good idea to double check that your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Little extras can really add up - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can add up when buying insurance. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, towing, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when you first buy your policy, but if they're wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
- Insurance loss statistics a Volkswagen Passat - Companies factor in insurance loss information as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that are shown to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Volkswagen Passat vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Volkswagen Passat Insurance Claim Statistics
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Passat 101 99 99 111 113 102
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to talk to an agent
Many people just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Las Vegas auto insurance quotes for your coverage. You won't need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Exclusive and independent Las Vegas car insurance agents
If you're trying to find a local agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Las Vegas are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing auto insurance rates, you definitely need to get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Featured below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 - Las Vegas, NV 89147 - (702) 597-5998 - View Map
- Universal Insurance Agency
348 N Nellis Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89110 - (702) 838-5141 - View Map
- All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (725) 696-7707 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and solid financial strength.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Sergio A Chavez
4676 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 462-9100 - View Map
- Jason Paszek - State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 E Bonanza Rd #16 - Las Vegas, NV 89110 - (702) 453-9500 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Misty Chadwick
2620 Regatta Dr Ste 122 - Las Vegas, NV 89128 - (702) 451-4409 - View Map
Picking an car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
The cheapest Volkswagen Passat insurance in Las Vegas is available both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is located at these sites:
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fallon, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)