Want to learn how to find the cheapest Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Las Vegas? Wish you could get a refund on an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you're not the only one.
A recent study showed that over 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in Nevada could pocket approximately $545 a year, but most undervalue how much savings they would realize if they changed companies.
You have so many insurers to choose from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, having more insurance companies makes it harder to compare rates for Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Las Vegas.
The purpose of this article is to teach you how car insurance companies work and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the techniques covered below. But Nevada vehicle owners need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies determine what you pay because it can help you find the best coverage.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in better auto insurance rates. Many factors are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
The list below includes some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Vehicle theft costs us all - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help stop auto theft.
- How old are your drivers? - Youthful drivers in Nevada are proven to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a first-time driver onto a policy can really hurt. Older drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The type of car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Because the Land Rover Range Rover is a standard SUV, insurance will be slightly more compared to average rates in Las Vegas. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Lower rates for vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with five star safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If the Land Rover Range Rover is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Your job and auto insurance rates - Careers like military generals, business owners and emergency personnel are shown to have the highest average rates due to high stress and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers like professors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates - The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims could be rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Claims statistics for a Land Rover Range Rover - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset any claims. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Land Rover Range Rover vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 2dr 4WD 159 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque 4dr 4WD 143 139 127 75 73 120 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr 4WD 169 116 332 34 104 Land Rover Range Rover 4dr LWB 4WD 223 397 Land Rover Range Rover Sport 4dr 4WD 166 103 252 47 46 88
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare free Las Vegas Land Rover Range Rover insurance quotes
To get inexpensive Las Vegas car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rate quotes from many different Nevada insurance companies. The recommended way to find cheaper rates is to use the internet to compare rates.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it obsolete to physically go to and from local Las Vegas insurance agencies. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional advice that you can only get from talking to an agent. You can, however, price shop online but buy from a local insurance agent.
When price shopping your coverage, making a lot of price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make an identical promise that people will save after switching your policy. But how can every company save you money on Land Rover Range Rover insurance in Las Vegas? This is the trick they use.
Car insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. One example of this type of driver might have to be a married female, carries high limits, and has excellent credit. Any person that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote in Las Vegas and will probably cut their Land Rover Range Rover insurance rates if they switch.
People who do not fit the requirements will see higher rates and this results in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is "people who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much. That is how companies can advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will have the best prices for your profile.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Land Rover Range Rover insurance, maintaining insurance is required in Nevada but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will force you to have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Land Rover at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $810 a year so it's recommended you shop around at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that you may not even know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but some must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount - Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Distant Student - Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
Don't be surprised that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer multiple discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Are auto insurance agents obsolete?
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local agencies is still important in Las Vegas.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to you instantly. It's the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Las Vegas agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have many company appointments so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, we recommend you include rate quotes from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on their company's products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Las Vegas?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Las Vegas?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
We covered many ideas to shop for Land Rover Range Rover insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Las Vegas car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a small local company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Cheaper car insurance in Las Vegas is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so get free Las Vegas car insurance quotes from both of them to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies may not have price quotes online and usually these regional carriers only sell through independent agencies.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Sparks, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Unemployed Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Carson City, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)