No one in their right mind gets a kick out of paying for auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high.
Unbelievable but true, over 70% of Nevada drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates with other companies. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could save 46.5% every year just by comparing rates, but they feel it's too difficult to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and do the work needed to find the best deal.
You need to quote other rates yearly because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Las Vegas last year you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because we're going to show you one of the easiest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
To find inexpensive Las Vegas car insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare quotes from lots of Nevada insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Jeep Cherokee insurance rates consists of shopping online.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, takes the place of having to go to all the different Las Vegas insurance agencies. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you're the type of person who wants the trained guidance only provided by licensed Las Vegas agents. It is possible to price shop online and still use a local agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Why you need insurance for your Jeep Cherokee
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Jeep in Las Vegas, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Cherokee, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Jeep for a lot more money and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Informed Consumers Know How to Get Car Insurance Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the factors that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The factors shown below are a few of the "ingredients" car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- High credit scores save money - Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Jeep Cherokee by repairing your credit. People that have excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers with worse credit.
- Tough vocation may mean higher rates - Careers such as fire fighters, social workers and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates because of intense work situations and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as scientists, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Gender is a factor - Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Prevent coverage lapses - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Get hitched and get better premiums - Your spouse actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage means you're more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
- More miles driven equals more premium - The higher the miles on your Jeep in a year's time the higher your rate. Most companies calculate prices based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance policy is showing how each vehicle is driven, because it can save money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Cherokee may be costing you.
- Why do you need liability insurance? - Liability insurance will afford coverage when you are ruled to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Increase physical damage deductibles to save - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you have to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Jeep Cherokee insurance claim data - Insurance companies use data from past claims when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values that are below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help save money on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Las Vegas
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered when you purchase, but some need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Use Seat Belts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select car insurance companies give a discount for switching to them early. You may see this discount when you get Las Vegas car insurance quotes online.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Policy discounts save money, but some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, companies don't profit that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife has discounts for multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for driver training, early quote, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, continuous insurance, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, and bundle discounts.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-car, anti-theft, good driver, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
Check with every company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply in your state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a "perfect" insurance plan. Everyone's needs are different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What policy terms are available?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
You may require the services of an insurance agency
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Las Vegas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Las Vegas?
- Does their agency support local causes in Las Vegas?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
After you get good feedback for all questions you ask as well as an affordable premium quote, you've probably found an provider that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Shop around and save
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable auto insurance in Las Vegas is possible on the web in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some auto insurance companies may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
You just read many ideas to compare Jeep Cherokee insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Jeep Cherokee rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for a Mazda CX-7? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)