Do you want to save money by finding more affordable auto insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas drivers have options when trying to find the best price on Honda Civic insurance. You can either spend your time driving around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find auto insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages on a Honda and get the lowest possible price.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most auto insurance buyers in Nevada kept their policy with the same company for more than four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to compare other rate quotes.
Take policy discounts and save on Honda Civic insurance in Las Vegas
Some providers don't always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a slight reduction on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Save with a New Car - Insuring a new Civic can be considerably cheaper because newer vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Active Military Service - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner may trigger a policy discount on insurance since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
Larger insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for bundle discounts, early shopping, switch companies, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for multi-policy, online shopper, renters, DriveSense, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple policy, driver's education, and multiple autos.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, and military active duty.
- Allstate includes discounts for defensive driver, teenSMART discount, economy car, early signing, senior citizen, and farm vehicle.
If you want inexpensive Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Las Vegas. To view companies that offer discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
Affordable Las Vegas Honda Civic insurance price quotes
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. Getting online quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Las Vegas is fairly straightforward as you just enter your personal and coverage information as detailed in the form. When complete, their quoting system obtains credit information and your driving record and quotes a price.
The ability to get online quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Las Vegas makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it's also necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get affordable rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you input the coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will get a rate comparison based on the exact same insurance coverage.
The providers in the list below can provide price quotes in Nevada. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$286||$400||$24||$120||$954||$80|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$202||$464||$314||$18||$94||$1,092||$91|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$564||$308||$18||$92||$1,214||$101|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$180||$480||$370||$22||$110||$1,162||$97|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$554||$348||$20||$104||$1,224||$102|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$554||$324||$20||$96||$1,192||$99|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$224||$636||$392||$24||$118||$1,394||$116|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$228||$636||$324||$20||$96||$1,304||$109|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$114||$292||$296||$18||$88||$808||$67|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$294||$800||$520||$30||$156||$1,800||$150|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$540||$416||$24||$124||$1,318||$110|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$204||$534||$436||$26||$130||$1,330||$111|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,158||$97|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$616||$386||$22||$116||$1,408||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise price quotes greatly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Las Vegas
The chart below illustrates the difference between Honda Civic insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to eliminate comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Civic settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $400 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your car insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Compare rates but buy from a local neighborhood Las Vegas car insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
After filling out this simple form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Two types of car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Las Vegas agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Las Vegas independent agencies who may provide price quotes.
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 613-0000 - View Map
- Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 - Las Vegas, NV 89147 - (702) 597-5998 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jason Paszek - State Farm Insurance Agent
4250 E Bonanza Rd #16 - Las Vegas, NV 89110 - (702) 453-9500 - View Map
- Mike Whitford - State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 - Las Vegas, NV 89131 - (702) 463-2400 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 - Las Vegas, NV 89103 - (702) 530-8822 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- If they are an independent agency in Las Vegas, which companies do they recommend?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Will they give you a referral list?
Compare but don't skimp
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in Las Vegas is possible from both online companies in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
More information can be found below:
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)