How many times have you said it's time to compare more affordable auto insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas drivers have lots of choices when trying to find affordable GMC Sierra insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages for your GMC and locate the best price possible.
It's a great practice to do rate comparisons at least once a year because insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on GMC Sierra insurance in Las Vegas six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn the proper way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Best companies for GMC Sierra insurance
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Las Vegas, NV. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$228||$454||$400||$24||$120||$1,226||$102|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$272||$402||$404||$24||$120||$1,222||$102|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$142||$248||$314||$18||$94||$816||$68|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$480||$296||$18||$88||$1,116||$93|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$152||$274||$318||$18||$96||$858||$72|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$128||$246||$290||$18||$86||$768||$64|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$142||$306||$348||$20||$104||$920||$77|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$232||$486||$348||$20||$104||$1,190||$99|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$260||$464||$314||$18||$94||$1,150||$96|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$582||$348||$20||$104||$1,312||$109|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$190||$298||$404||$24||$120||$1,036||$86|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$184||$366||$416||$24||$124||$1,114||$93|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$326||$748||$372||$22||$112||$1,580||$132|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$144||$292||$296||$18||$88||$838||$70|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$184||$342||$308||$18||$92||$944||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in your specific Las Vegas location which can affect auto insurance rates greatly.
Can higher deductibles save money?
The illustration below shows how different deductible levels and can impact GMC Sierra premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Distant Student - Older children who are attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower premium rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Employee of Federal Government - Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% with a few auto insurance companies.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 get Las Vegas auto insurance digitally online.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Options like air bags can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won't be that lucky. But any discount should help lower the premium cost.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, safe vehicle, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, multi-car, pay in full, good student, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, and teen driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, anti-theft, membership and employees, military active duty, and anti-lock brakes.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for safe driver, group or association, mature driver, paid in full, and air bags.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, driver training, defensive driver, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, good student, and multi-policy.
- USAA discounts include loyalty savings, good student, safe driver, defensive driver, annual mileage, family discount, and driver training.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Las Vegas. If you would like to see a list of companies offering auto insurance discounts in Nevada, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Listed below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Raise coverage deductibles and save - Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your GMC from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and damage caused by flying debris. Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Don't skimp on liability insurance - Liability insurance is the protection when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Prices are affected by your address - Being located in less populated areas is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Urban drivers have to deal with more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- More miles driven equals more premium - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you'll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Autos that have low annual miles receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your Sierra may be wasting your money. Verify your declarations sheet states the correct driver usage, because it can save money.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your GMC Sierra has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
- More performance means more cost - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in your rates. Due to the fact that the GMC Sierra falls in the pickup truck class, rates will be similar in price as compared to the average rate in Las Vegas. Small economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Credit rating impacts costs - Credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your GMC Sierra by improving your rating.
- Are males or females drivers cheaper? - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Both genders cause auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- GMC Sierra historical loss data - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for GMC Sierra vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
GMC Sierra Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 89 122 106 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD 97 86 79 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 87 99 132 69 69 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 89 102 114 52 51 73 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 98 109 96 70 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 78 85 89 65 56 94 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD 70 56 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 63 101 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 91 118 105 43 50 90 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 67 108 85 40 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 85 128 121 35
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in Las Vegas.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give you quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
If you would like to find a local Las Vegas insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent. Either type can do a good job, but it's important to point out why they differ since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything. When comparing insurance rates, it's recommended you include at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below are Las Vegas independent agents who may be able to give you free insurance rate quotes.
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 648-1634 - View Map
- Las Vegas Auto Insurance
1953 N Decatur Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89108 - (702) 570-5777 - View Map
- Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 685-3888 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. These agents are usually well trained on their company's products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Below are Las Vegas exclusive agents that are able to give price quotes.
- Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
- Andy Ballagh - State Farm Insurance Agent
7455 W Azure Dr Suite 110 - Las Vegas, NV 89130 - (702) 562-7504 - View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Nancy Kim
2213 Paradise Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 685-4888 - View Map
Finding a good insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- How long has their agency been in business in Las Vegas?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Las Vegas?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nevada?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
You can find affordable coverage
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented some good ideas how you can compare GMC Sierra insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
Affordable GMC Sierra insurance in Las Vegas can be purchased from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller providers provide coverage only through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Winchester, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)