Do you want to save money by buying the cheapest GMC Acadia insurance in Las Vegas? Having to pay for pricey car insurance in Las Vegas can diminish your savings and put the squeeze on your family's finances. Doing a price comparison can be a smart way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Astonishing but true, the vast majority of consumers in Nevada have bought car insurance from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. U.S. drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it's difficult to find affordable rates by getting comparison quotes. Big companies like Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance constantly blast consumers with ads and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the corporate glitz and find the best price available.
GMC Acadia insurance quotes comparison
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$110||$204||$324||$20||$96||$754||$63|
|Acadia SL AWD||$184||$274||$290||$18||$86||$852||$71|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$204||$326||$290||$18||$86||$924||$77|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$204||$394||$348||$20||$104||$1,070||$89|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$142||$248||$314||$18||$94||$816||$68|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$258||$454||$400||$24||$120||$1,256||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise coverage prices noticeably.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between GMC Acadia auto insurance costs with and without full coverage. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your GMC Acadia replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying in excess of $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three main reasons to buy car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a GMC Acadia in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acadia with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your GMC at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance protects not only your GMC Acadia but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
GMC Acadia Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
Listed below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Infrequent drivers can save - The more miles you rack up on your GMC annually the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Vehicles that have low annual miles cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated Acadia may be wasting your money. Make sure your insurance coverage properly reflects annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
Safer the car lower the rate - Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the GMC Acadia has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
Pay more out-of-pocket - Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some instances where coverage would apply are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and burglary. The deductibles you choose define the amount you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
Frequent policy claims increase prices - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Car insurance companies in Nevada award most affordable rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Auto insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
Car insurance liability insurance limits - Liability insurance kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Performance impacts insurance premiums - The type of car you are insuring makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Because the GMC Acadia is a standard SUV, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more compared to average rates in Las Vegas. Economy passenger vehicles normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Always keep your insurance in place - Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
GMC Acadia insurance loss probability - Companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that statistically have increased losses will cost more to insure. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased probability of a larger loss.
GMC Acadia Insurance Loss Statistics
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD||75||86||73||71||69||80|
|GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD||83||100||88||62||63||80|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Save over 55 - If you're over the age of 55, you can get better auto insurance rates.
- Discount for New Cars - Buying a new car instead of a used Acadia can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you have no claims for a set time period.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Las Vegas can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Clubs and Organizations - Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates when getting a Las Vegas car insurance quote.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, anti-theft, multiple autos, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and driver's education.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for preferred payment discount, good student, exclusive group savings, newly retired, safety features, and multi-car.
- American Family has discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include good student, pay in full, youthful driver, multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, and bundle discounts.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, group or association, safe driver, good student, and safe vehicle.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, and teen safe driver.
Check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Nevada, click here.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to buying coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
If you can't answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Local Las Vegas auto insurance agents
Some consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agencies is important especially in Las Vegas.
After filling out this simple form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Two different types of car insurance agents
When finding a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write insurance policies, but it's important to point out how they differ since it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company which makes it simple for you. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following are independent agents in Las Vegas that may be able to provide rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information.
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- When do they do policy reviews?
- How long has the business existed?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Las Vegas?
If you get satisfactory answers to these questions and a good coverage price, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy. But keep in mind you are entitled to cancel a policy at any point so don't think that you are permanently stuck with any specific company indefinitely.
Quote often and quote early
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, poor customer service, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is less work than it seems.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your GMC Acadia insurance rates in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable GMC Acadia insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small local company.
Budget-conscious GMC Acadia insurance can be sourced both online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Las Vegas car insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is available at these sites:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Fernley, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)