Are you searching for lower-priced Chevy Avalanche insurance in Las Vegas? Locating better insurance prices for your Chevy Avalanche in Nevada can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so you're going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Chevy and find the lowest price either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
It's amazing but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in Las Vegas could save an average of roughly 35% each year just by shopping around, but they don't want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
It's a great practice to quote other rates as often as possible because prices are constantly changing. Even if you got the best deal on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Las Vegas a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're about to learn how to use the internet to save on insurance.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$332||$590||$520||$30||$156||$1,628||$136|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$298||$582||$520||$30||$156||$1,586||$132|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$258||$554||$404||$24||$122||$1,362||$114|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$290||$554||$392||$24||$118||$1,378||$115|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$182||$342||$466||$28||$140||$1,158||$97|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$160||$306||$436||$26||$130||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in Las Vegas location which can decrease or increase premium rates noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can affect Chevrolet Avalanche insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Las Vegas
Companies don't necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Avalanche insurance.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds who allow driving data submission to look at driving habits through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully complete driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure all your vehicles with the same auto insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic.
A few companies that may offer some of the discounts shown above are:
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Las Vegas. To see companies with significant discounts in Nevada, click this link.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays more than $869 every year so compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone's situation is unique and your car insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Will my Chevy Avalanche be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Chevy Avalanche is totaled?
- Is pet coverage available?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
When to contact an insurance agent
A lot of people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good company should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How long has their agency been open in Las Vegas?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, it's helpful to know the different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Las Vegas can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can handle car insurance, but it's good to learn how they are different since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Mike Whitford - State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 - Las Vegas, NV 89131 - (702) 463-2400 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 - North Las Vegas, NV 89032 - (702) 643-0057 - View Map
- Juan Diaz State Farm®
352 S Jones Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89107 - (702) 870-0444 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent.
When shopping rates, you need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas that can give you rate quotes.
- All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (725) 696-7707 - View Map
- Desert Shores Insurance Services
3211 N Tenaya Way #115 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (702) 363-8040 - View Map
- Balsiger Insurance
3481 E Sunset Rd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89120 - (702) 220-8640 - View Map