Would you like an easy way to compare the cheapest insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas buyers have a choice when searching for low-cost Buick LaCrosse insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we're going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Buick and find the best price possible.
It is always a good idea to get comparison quotes before your next renewal because rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Las Vegas last year you will most likely find a better price today. You can search a lot of LaCrosse insurance out there, but we're going to give you some good information on how to lower your insurance rates in Las Vegas.
How to buy Buick LaCrosse insurance online
Finding a lower price on insurance isn't really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lacrosse CXL AWD||$232||$464||$276||$16||$82||$1,070||$89|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific Las Vegas garaging location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accident claims drive up Buick LaCrosse auto insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Buick LaCrosse in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Buick LaCrosse, most banks will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Buick at an extremely high rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Why You Might Pay Increased Rates in Las Vegas
Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but some are less apparent such as your credit history or your commute time. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that are used to determine your premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are some of the most common factors companies use to determine rates.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium - The more you drive your Buick every year the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time get more affordable rates than those that get driven frequently. It's always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Incorrect rating for your LaCrosse can cost quite a bit.
- Married people drive safer - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Do you have a tough job? - Jobs like judges, architects and stock brokers tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder due to high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, careers like professors, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- Why do you need liability? - Your policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Add-on coverages push up rates - There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Insurance for rental car coverage, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Vehicle options that cut premiums - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The lowest rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Buick LaCrosse is a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower compared to average rates in Las Vegas.
- Insurance loss statistics a Buick LaCrosse - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for Buick LaCrosse vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Buick LaCrosse Models
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick LaCrosse 2WD 96 85 93 100 109 92 Buick LaCrosse 4WD 101 92 113
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Slash rates with these discounts on Buick LaCrosse insurance in Las Vegas
Some insurance providers do not advertise every policy discount in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage may allow you to get cheaper car insurance rates.
- Professional Organizations - Being in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount get Las Vegas car insurance over the internet.
- Student in College - College-age children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Air Bag Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Insuring primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
To find insurance companies with significant discounts in Las Vegas, click here.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When selecting the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is the ISO rating for a Buick LaCrosse?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Nevada minimum liability coverage?
- Is my Buick LaCrosse covered if I use it for business?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Buying from car insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important especially in Las Vegas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Las Vegas who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Picking an provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Las Vegas?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
Shop around and save
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce Buick LaCrosse insurance premium rates online in Las Vegas. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from a small mutual company.
When you buy Las Vegas car insurance online, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, not issuing a premium refund or extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)