Wish you could get a refund on an overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are many Henderson drivers thinking the same thing.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Nevada can cut their rates by as much as $550 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switched.
There are many auto insurance companies to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to adequately compare rates for Kia Sportage insurance in Henderson.
It's important to quote other rates occasionally because insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you think you had the best quotes on Kia Sportage insurance in Henderson a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Don't believe everything you read about Sportage insurance on the internet, but I'm going to show you some of the best techniques to stop overpaying for insurance in Henderson.
This article's goal is to familiarize you with the best way to buy inexpensive auto insurance. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas presented in this article. But Nevada consumers must comprehend the methods companies use to calculate your auto insurance rates because rates fluctuate considerably.
When shopping for low cost Henderson auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from many different Nevada insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest Kia Sportage insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Comparison shopping rates online is easy and it replaces the need to drive around to each insurance agency near you. Shopping for auto insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you're the type of person who wants the professional assistance of a licensed agent. You can, however, comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent. It's important to know that comparing more prices helps locate a better price.
The following companies offer free rate quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple providers are shown, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$130||$220||$290||$18||$86||$744||$62|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$126||$238||$372||$22||$112||$870||$73|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$190||$372||$372||$22||$112||$1,068||$89|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$228||$470||$324||$20||$96||$1,138||$95|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$242||$440||$318||$18||$96||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in specific zip code location which can change premiums significantly.
Liability only or full coverage
The chart below shows the comparison of Kia Sportage yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Kia Sportage replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $700 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Car insurance quotes and discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list all discounts very well, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow data collection to study driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Resident Student - Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Professional Organizations - Joining a civic or occupational organization in Henderson could trigger savings when getting a Henderson auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The best car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for 55 and retired, good student, driver training, multi-policy, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include preferred payment discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, good student, multiple policy, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including company car, anti-theft, safe vehicle, mature driver, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, federal employee, driver training, emergency military deployment, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-theft, drive less, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above may not be available in your state. To view insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Henderson, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Sportage in Henderson, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Sportage, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Sportage definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. The average driver in Nevada is overpaying more than $850 per year so compare rate quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to get advice from a local agent. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get better rates but also keep your business local. Buying insurance from local agents is important especially in Henderson.
By using this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Henderson come in two varieties
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Henderson who can help you get free rate quotes.
Carl R Forman Insurance Agency
70 E Horizon Ridge Pkwy - Henderson, NV 89002 - (702) 732-7675 - View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just the price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- How long has their agency been open in Henderson?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?