How long has it been since the last time you looked for lower-priced auto insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas consumers have options when looking for affordable Kia Sedona insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy auto insurance so you're going to learn the best way to compare rates for your Kia and get the lowest price either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
It's a good idea to get comparison quotes quite often because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest price on Kia Sedona insurance in Las Vegas on your last policy a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate the easiest way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
This article will familiarize you with the best ways to compare prices and some money-saving tips. If you already have coverage, you will definitely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers just have to know the best way to shop from multiple carriers.
Affordable auto insurance in Las Vegas, NV
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If multiple companies are shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise price quotes noticeably.
Safe drivers pay less for auto insurance
The diagram below shows how traffic citations and accidents raise Kia Sedona auto insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Las Vegas auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Safe Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- No Charge for an Accident - This one isn't a discount, but a few companies such as State Farm and Allstate allow you one accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Sign Online - A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 get Las Vegas car insurance over the internet.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
- Distant Student - Youth drivers who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable driving data collection to spy on driving habits remotely like Allstate's Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Own a Home - Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Just know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren't that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, and multi-vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for paperless, anti-theft, air bags, multi-policy, mature driver, and company car.
- American Family offers discounts for TimeAway discount, good student, air bags, defensive driver, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- Esurance has discounts for Pac-12 alumni, multi-car, homeowner, DriveSense, multi-policy, renters, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- State Farm discounts include Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, student away at school, accident-free, defensive driving training, and driver's education.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, anti-theft, multi-policy, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Las Vegas. To find auto insurance companies with the best discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Informed Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Lots of factors are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Cheaper rates by consolidating - Some insurers afford lower prices to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Is car insurance cheaper for males or females? - Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don't assume that women are better drivers. Both genders tend to get into fender benders at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as reckless driving.
- More traffic equals higher prices - Being located in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when buying car insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Better drivers pay less - Having a clean driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having just one driving citation may increase your cost to the point where it's not affordable. Drivers with license-revoking violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to keep their license.
- Pay less with a high safety rating - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Safer cars protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Kia Sedona is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
- Never let your car insurance policy lapse - Going without insurance will be a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department.
- Insurance loss data for a Kia Sedona - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that statistically have higher losses will have higher rates.
The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Kia Sedona vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Kia Sedona Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sedona 102 64 96 116
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Can't I get rate quotes from local Las Vegas insurance agencies?
Some people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap rate quotes and also buy local. And buying from small agencies is especially important in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you wish to compare rates for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
If you're trying to find an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Las Vegas can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it's good to learn why they differ since it may influence your agent selection.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may provide better rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Las Vegas who may be able to give you free price quotes.
- AMS Insurance
9960 W Cheyenne Ave #240 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (702) 965-3680 - View Map
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 685-0170 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 613-0000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quotes.
- Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
- Luria Walker - State Farm Insurance Agent
3124 N Rainbow Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89108 - (702) 645-3300 - View Map
- Jeremy Walser - State Farm Insurance Agent
1725 S Rainbow Blvd #11 - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 367-1991 - View Map
Deciding on an auto insurance agent shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Las Vegas?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
Upon getting good responses as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Don't give up on affordable rates
The cheapest Kia Sedona insurance in Las Vegas is definitely available on the web as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Las Vegas car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of tips how to save on Kia Sedona insurance in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
When you buy Las Vegas car insurance online, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teachers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)