Wish you could get out of overpriced Volvo C70 insurance in Las Vegas? Don't feel bad because there are lots of people in the same boat.
A study showed that almost 70% of insureds renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Las Vegas can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to choose from, and although it's nice to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
Ways to get Volvo C70 insurance quotes in Las Vegas
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$244||$434||$210||$12||$62||$962||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can alter coverage rates significantly.
Auto insurance rates based on gender in Las Vegas
The diagram below shows the difference between Volvo C70 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Why you need quality insurance for your C70
Despite the potentially high cost of Volvo C70 insurance, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and make you pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Vegas overpays as much as $830 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Ads can be misleading
Nevada consumers can't avoid all the ads that claim the cheapest auto insurance rates from the likes of GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle if you move your car insurance coverage to their company.
How is it plausible that every one can charge you less for auto insurance? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies look for specific characteristics for the type of driver that will generate a profit. A good example of this type of insured may need to be over the age of 45, has few claims, and does not commute to work. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" gets the lowest auto insurance rates and will most likely save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who do not match these stringent criteria will get higher prices which usually ends up with the customer not purchasing. The ads state "people that switch" but not "everyone who gets a quote" can get the lowest rates when switching. That's the way insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. Because of these techniques, it's extremely important to compare free Las Vegas car insurance quotes often. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates for your profile.
You may qualify for discounts for Volvo C70 insurance in Las Vegas
Some providers don't necessarily list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas car insurance online.
- Distant College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Low Miles Discount - Low mileage vehicles can earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Sign Early and Save - A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It's a savings of about 10%.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- AAA offers discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, and AAA membership discount.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts including driver's education, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for homeowner, DriveSense, multi-car, safety device, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Nationwide has discounts for anti-theft, easy pay, multi-policy, business or organization, accident-free, good student, and defensive driving.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. For a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Independent versus exclusive insurance agencies
A small number of people would rather buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to companies in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing the best insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
When searching for a local Las Vegas insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can handle insurance, but it's a good idea to understand how they differ because it can influence your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Las Vegas who may provide you with rate quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Below are Las Vegas independent agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing insurance from an agent or online, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured's situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Volvo C70?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is there a penalty for late payment?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
How much can you save?
As you prepare to switch companies, it's very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We've covered many ideas to reduce Volvo C70 insurance rates online in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Las Vegas car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at the links below
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)