No sane person enjoys paying for insurance, in particular when they could find better prices if they shop around.
Regrettably, most insurance policyholders in Nevada kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers could save an average of about 47% each year by just shopping around, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they moved their coverage to a different company. With drivers having so many options when it comes to insurance, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the most affordable insurance company.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Nissan Quest insurance in Reno on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I'm going to teach you the proper way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Components of Your Nissan Quest Insurance Costs
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that help calculate your car insurance rates. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find big savings.
- Use credit responsibly and save - An insured's credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. If your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan Quest by repairing your credit. Insureds that have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Alarm systems lowers prices - Selecting a car model with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Most major companies will give better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies. It's known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal. It's possible to still save money even if you insure with multiple companies
- Amount of liability coverage - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will provide protection when you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Too many policy claims will drive premiums up - Car insurance companies in Nevada generally give better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file a lot of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Stress out and pay more - Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and miners generally pay higher average rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other professions such as farmers, athletes and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average.
- More performance means higher costs - The performance of the car you drive makes a significant difference in your rates. Because the Nissan Quest is a van and minivan, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Reno. Lower cost passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Where you call home - Having an address in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers who live in large Nevada cities have to deal with much more traffic and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- Nissan Quest insurance claim data - Auto insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Nissan Quest vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Quest Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Quest 96 103 94 120 115 98
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Quote Reno Nissan Quest insurance online
The majority of larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow consumers to get prices on their websites. Comparing prices online for Nissan Quest insurance in Reno is pretty easy as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. After you complete the form, the quote system sends out for your credit score and driving record and gives you a price quote. The ability to get online price quotes for Nissan Quest insurance in Reno makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for the cheapest price possible.
To quickly fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you enter the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. This ensures you will have rate quotes using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in Reno, NV. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance ads are enticing
Nevada consumers can't ignore all the ads that claim the lowest car insurance rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads advertise the message that you can save if you just switch to them.
How does every auto insurance company say the same thing? It's all in the words they use.
All companies have specific characteristics for the driver that makes them money. For example, a preferred risk should be a married female, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer that matches those criteria will get the preferred car insurance rates in Reno and will cut their Nissan Quest insurance rates if they switch.
Consumers who do not fit this stringent profile will be quoted higher premium rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save the amount stated. That's why companies can make claims like that.
Each company has different criteria, so it's extremely important to do a rate comparison at every renewal. It's not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best Nissan Quest insurance in Reno.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Nissan Quest in Reno, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Quest, most lenders will force you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan Quest. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper Nissan Quest insurance rates in Reno
Car insurance companies do not list all their discounts very well, so the below list has both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Telematics Data - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Buy New and Save - Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount since new vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Multiple Cars - Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness - This one isn't a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don't have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Club Memberships - Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Reno car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in Reno.
Can't I get rate quotes from local Reno car insurance agents?
Many people would rather visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still choose a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Reno.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents in Reno
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Reno can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out the subtle differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Reno that may be able to provide price quote information.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. They are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Reno who can help you get comparison quotes.
Finding the right auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
When should I discuss my situation with an agent?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Nevada minimum liability coverage?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What is the ISO rating for a Nissan Quest?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
We just covered a lot of information how to lower your Nissan Quest insurance car insurance rates in Reno. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Nissan Quest insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions and even extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company can be easier than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed auto insurance information is located by following these links:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)