Want to know how to find lower-priced Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas? Saving money on Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas is very difficult for drivers who have little experience online insurance quotes. Because there are so many companies in the marketplace, it can easily become a lot of work to find cheaper coverage rates on Nissan Altima insurance.
Shocking but true, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in Las Vegas can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Buying the cheapest car insurance in Las Vegas is really not that difficult. Basically, anyone who wants cheaper car insurance will most likely be able to save money. But Nevada drivers do need to know how insurance companies price insurance differently.
How to buy Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas, NV
To find the best car insurance rates, there are several ways to compare prices from all the different companies. The quickest method to find competitive Nissan Altima insurance rates is to use the internet to compare rates. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$252||$404||$24||$120||$968||$81|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$254||$638||$400||$24||$120||$1,436||$120|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$468||$416||$24||$124||$1,274||$106|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$324||$334||$20||$100||$948||$79|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$464||$324||$20||$96||$1,136||$95|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$598||$358||$22||$108||$1,358||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in vehicle location which can increase or decrease premium rates noticeably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can affect Nissan Altima insurance costs for different age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Altima has a loan, more than likely the lender will force you to have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Nissan Altima. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rates every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower-cost Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas
Some insurance providers don't necessarily list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less as compared to drivers with claims.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more on Altima insurance in Las Vegas.
- Multi-line Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Government Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Las Vegas auto insurance depending on your company.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Some of the insurance companies that may offer policyholders most of these discounts possibly include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts may not apply to policyholders everywhere.
Car insurance quotes from local neighborhood Las Vegas car insurance agents
A small number of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Las Vegas who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to drive around because prices are sent directly to you. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- When do they do a full risk review?
Different types of auto insurance agents in Las Vegas
If you're trying to find a good Las Vegas insurance agent, there are two different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Las Vegas can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Listed below are exclusive agents in Las Vegas willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Franco Vitiello - State Farm Insurance Agent
3370 S Hualapai Way #140 - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 648-6642 - View Map
- Mike Whitford - State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 - Las Vegas, NV 89131 - (702) 463-2400 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 - North Las Vegas, NV 89032 - (702) 643-0057 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not employed by one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always check rates from at a minimum one independent agency so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
The following are independent agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 - Las Vegas, NV 89149 - (702) 880-9000 - View Map
- Safeguard Insurance LLC
5225 S Durango Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89113 - (702) 638-0022 - View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 518-6727 - View Map
Don't give up on cheaper premiums
You just read some good ideas how you can shop for Nissan Altima insurance online. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Nissan Altima rate quotes. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company.
Affordable Nissan Altima insurance in Las Vegas can be found both online as well as from independent agents in Las Vegas, so you need to quote Las Vegas auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies don't offer rates over the internet and these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in paying claims or unfair underwriting practices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
More detailed insurance information can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Hybrid Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Car Insurance in Paradise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Which Company has the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Spring Creek, NV? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)