Paying cheap rates for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Las Vegas is always nearly impossible for drivers who have little experience shopping for insurance online. There are so many options available that it can quickly become a difficult situation to lower your prices on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. The average driver in the United States could save 46.5% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Most larger insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get pricing directly from their websites. The process is pretty painless as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the system will order your driving and credit reports and returns pricing information determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Las Vegas streamlines rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to get many rate quotes if you are searching for cheap prices.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this assures you will get an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$206||$422||$416||$24||$124||$1,192||$99|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$158||$322||$290||$18||$86||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can modify prices considerably.
Auto insurance deductibles
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can increase or decrease Mitsubishi Lancer insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Mitsubishi Lancer insurance premiums by gender
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Accidents and violations increase rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims can impact Mitsubishi Lancer auto insurance costs for each different age category. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Mitsubishi Lancer in Las Vegas, buying car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Mitsubishi with a loan, almost all lenders will require that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Mitsubishi at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it's important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable rates on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Las Vegas with these five discounts
Companies don't necessarily list all their discounts in a way that's easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Distant Student Discount - Any of your kids who are attending college and don't have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driving Course - Passing a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Paper-free Discount - Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for completing your application on the web.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn't quite work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce your policy cost.
For a list of car insurance companies that offer discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
When should I talk to an insurance agency?
Some people prefer to buy from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Las Vegas that give free quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. It's the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Las Vegas?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you want an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Auto insurance agents in Las Vegas can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Las Vegas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 - Las Vegas, NV 89121 - (702) 696-1606 - View Map
- David Habart - State Farm Insurance Agent
2035 Village Center Cir #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 851-2400 - View Map
- Mike Whitford - State Farm Insurance Agent
6485 N Decatur Blvd #150 - Las Vegas, NV 89131 - (702) 463-2400 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents are not restricted to one company so they can write business with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a list of independent insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give price quote information.
- Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 - Las Vegas, NV 89147 - (702) 597-5998 - View Map
- Omega Insurance Brokerage
3301 W Spring Mountain Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 685-0170 - View Map
- Invest America Insurance LLC
6190 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 685-3888 - View Map
Once you have positive feedback for all questions you ask as well as offering an affordable quote, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agency that will adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that you are able to cancel your policy any time you want so never assume that you are obligated to the auto insurance policy with no way out.
When it comes to choosing a policy, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
Auto insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you'll find typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - This coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Mitsubishi Lancer.
Since many Nevada drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Collision coverages - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a mailbox, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Lancer to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability - This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as pain and suffering, medical services, attorney fees, funeral expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Nevada requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Comprehensive protection - This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, falling objects and damage from flooding. The most you'll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, dental work, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Compare rates regularly to save
As you prepare to switch companies, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
We just showed you many ideas to save on Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a small mutual company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Nurses in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Auto Insurance in Pahrump, NV? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)