How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Ford Fusion insurance in Henderson? Have you had enough of sacrificing other expenses to pay high car insurance rates every month? You're in the same situation as many other Nevada drivers.
Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,620, Nevada drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates online.
Lots of insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rate on Ford Fusion insurance in Henderson.
Choices You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but some are less apparent like where you live or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
Do you know you're credit score? - An insured's credit score will be a significant factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Ford Fusion if you improve your credit rating. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have worse credit.
Premiums and your address - Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. The longer drive time means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Safety ratings are a factor - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Fusion scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
Be proud to be claim-free - Insurance companies in Nevada give most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Performance affects rates - The performance of the vehicle you need insurance for makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. Since the Ford Fusion is classified as a passenger car, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower when compared to the average rates in Henderson. Low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Some companies provide a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents - Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Obey driving laws and save - How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Even a single moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive.
Ford Fusion insurance loss statistics - Auto insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have increased claim numbers or amounts will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Ford Fusion Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion 2WD||110||95||108||116||111||105|
|Ford Fusion 4WD||115||85||120||88||77||71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
|Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid||128||87||91||88||91||107|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing more prices helps improve the odds of finding the best offered rates.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$168||$252||$404||$24||$120||$968||$81|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$342||$564||$404||$24||$120||$1,454||$121|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$598||$396||$24||$118||$1,408||$117|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$292||$314||$18||$94||$880||$73|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$188||$374||$348||$20||$104||$1,034||$86|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$500||$318||$18||$96||$1,204||$100|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$336||$348||$20||$104||$968||$81|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease prices greatly.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The illustration below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can drive up Ford Fusion car insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance is required by state law in Nevada and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Ford, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote rates at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Take advantage of these price cutting discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on car insurance. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Sign Early and Save - A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy early. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Sign Online - A handful of larger companies will give you a small discount get Henderson auto insurance over the internet.
- Membership in Organizations - Joining a professional or civic organization can get you a small discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having an actively deployed family member could qualify you for better prices.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Mature drivers may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Henderson auto insurance with some car insurance companies.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like it's possible to get free car insurance, that's just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for teen driver discount, new graduate, newly married, newly retired, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, anti-theft, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include anti-theft, group or association, multiple vehicles, safe driver, paid in full, anti-lock brakes, and teen driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for daytime running lights, good student, seat belt use, membership and employees, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, teen safety rewards, drive less, anti-theft, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and homeowner.
When getting free Henderson auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in Henderson. To locate companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Henderson, follow this link.
Local insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find better rates and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You never need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are they full-time agents?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Henderson?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Henderson?
If you would like to find a local Henderson insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Henderson can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company's prices like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson who can help you get comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a list of independent agents in Henderson willing to provide price quote information.
Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
American National Insurance Morgan Agency LLC, Jarod Morgan
1120 Wigwam Pkwy #100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 430-7764 - View Map
When do I need an agent's advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Does my Ford Fusion qualify for pleasure use?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Auto insurance savings summarized
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Affordable Ford Fusion insurance in Henderson can be bought on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Henderson auto insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, policy cancellation, poor customer service and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below: