How many times have you said it's time to compare more affordable insurance rates in Las Vegas, NV? Las Vegas drivers have options when trying to find affordable Fiat 500 insurance. You can either spend your time calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to shop for insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates on a Fiat and get the lowest possible price from Las Vegas insurance agents and online providers.
Companies offering Fiat 500 insurance in Las Vegas
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
How Your 500 Insurance Costs are Determined
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices. Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Job reflects on rates - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like military generals, police officers, and financial analysts have the highest average rates in part from intense work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like professors, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates.
- Bad credit will cost you - Having a bad credit rating factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Fiat 500 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Stay claim-free and lower insurance rates - Car insurance companies in Nevada provide discounts to people who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
- Poor driving leads to higher premiums - How you drive has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single moving violation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Drivers who don't get tickets get better prices as compared to those with violations. People who have license-revoking violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 form with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Gender and insurance - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Optional features can affect rates - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems help track and prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Loss probability for a Fiat 500 - Insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher loss trends will cost more for coverage. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Fiat 500 Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't necessarily list every policy discount very clearly, so the below list has a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Student in College - College-age children living away from Las Vegas attending college and don't have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you lower auto insurance rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Theft Prevention System - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multiple Cars - Having multiple cars on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Mature Driver Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- Payment Method - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount - Options like air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it's just not the way it works.
If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Fiat 500 insurance quotes in Las Vegas in Las Vegas, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Las Vegas car insurance agent
A small number of people still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is you may find cheap car insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company requires more thought than just a low price. Any good agent in Las Vegas should know the answers to these questions.
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Where are claims handled?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
What types of car insurance agents are in Las Vegas?
When searching for a local Las Vegas insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Agents in Las Vegas are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles properly, but it's worth mentioning how they differ since it can affect which agent you choose.
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are well trained on their company's products which can be an advantage. Many people choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Shown below are Las Vegas exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Tim Powers - State Farm Insurance Agent
2920 S Rainbow Blvd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 871-8338 - View Map
- Juan Diaz State Farm??
352 S Jones Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89107 - (702) 870-0444 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Yukin Kwan
4001 S Decatur Blvd Ste 4 - Las Vegas, NV 89103 - (702) 530-8822 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they can switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When searching for an agent, it's a good idea to include several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Las Vegas willing to provide price quote information.
- Leavitt Group - Leavitt Insurance Agency
7881 W Charleston Blvd #140 - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 382-4010 - View Map
- A Dependable Insurance Agency
7150 N Durango Dr #130 - Las Vegas, NV 89149 - (702) 880-9000 - View Map
- Universal Insurance Agency
348 N Nellis Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89110 - (702) 838-5141 - View Map
If you get good responses to all your questions and a good coverage price, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that will provide car insurance coverage.
Tricks in insurance advertising
Consumers in Nevada can't avoid all the ads for cheaper insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads advertise the message about how much you will save if you just switch your coverage.
It sounds good, but how can they all charge less that you're paying now? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies have underwriting criteria for the driver that earns them the most money. A good example of a preferred risk may need to be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries full coverage, and has a short commute. Any customer that fits those parameters will get very good Las Vegas car insurance rates and will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to these stringent criteria must pay more expensive rates and ends up with the prospect going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say "drivers who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save the amount stated. That is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This really illustrates why you really need to compare quotes as often as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which company will have better prices than you're paying now.
Cheaper auto insurance prices are available
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Fiat 500 insurance in Las Vegas. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
Cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Las Vegas is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent insurance agents.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Teachers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Male? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Sentra? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)