Having to pay for high-priced car insurance in Henderson can dwindle your savings and make it hard to pay other bills. Shopping your coverage around is recommended to make ends meet.
It's amazing but most car insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Nevada drivers could save an average of $500 each year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the amount of savings they would get if they replace their high priced policy. Drivers have so many insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider for Chevy Traverse insurance in Henderson.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Henderson, NV. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$168||$208||$344||$20||$102||$842||$70|
|Traverse LS AWD||$218||$266||$262||$16||$78||$840||$70|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$162||$238||$316||$18||$94||$828||$69|
|Traverse LT AWD||$188||$334||$296||$18||$88||$924||$77|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$242||$398||$354||$20||$106||$1,120||$93|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$342||$478||$344||$20||$102||$1,286||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can modify auto insurance rates noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below shows the comparison of Chevrolet Traverse auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no written rule for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Traverse claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $300 annually to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Affordable Chevy Traverse insurance in Henderson
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that can help lower your rates. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Cars - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Traverse insurance in Henderson.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount - Insurance companies who offer life insurance give better auto insurance rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO may permit one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Professional Memberships - Having an affiliation with a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- College Student Discount - Kids who live away from home to go to college and won't have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
Just know that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Car insurance companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Henderson car insurance agents?
Many drivers would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is sent to companies in Henderson who will give you bids for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to your email. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Henderson should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Nevada?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Henderson for you
If you want a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents that you can choose from. Henderson agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's important to know why they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices like Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Henderson willing to provide price quotes.
Farmers Insurance Group: Hesselgesser Insurance Agency
229 N Pecos Rd #110 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 434-1230 - View Map
Agents of this type are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, it's recommended you get quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Henderson independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
American National Insurance Morgan Agency LLC, Jarod Morgan
1120 Wigwam Pkwy #100 - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 430-7764 - View Map
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Chevy Traverse Insurance Prices
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that are used to determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Insurance prices and vehicle performance - The performance of the car, truck or SUV you own makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The cheapest insurance rates will generally be found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Due to the fact that the Chevrolet Traverse falls in the crossover class, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more than the average rate where you live in Henderson.
Discounts for married couples - Getting married can actually save you money on your insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Bad credit will cost you - Your credit score is a large factor in calculating your insurance rates. If your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Traverse by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Multiple policies with one company - Most insurance companies apply lower prices to buyers that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to get quotes from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Never let your insurance policy lapse - Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license.
Occupation and insurance premiums - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as military personnel, air traffic controllers, and miners usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations such as professors, engineers and the unemployed receive lower rates.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent vehicle theft.
Safety first - Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Traverse - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Traverse vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet Traverse Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD||75||101||72||93||90||90|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD||72||91||82||78||76||78|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Chevy gets damaged, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates every year to save money.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
You just learned a lot of information how to shop for Chevy Traverse insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Henderson car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
Cheaper insurance in Henderson is available on the web and with local Henderson insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about insurance in Nevada can be read at the links below
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Dayton, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)