Do you want to save money by finding low-cost Subaru Outback insurance in Las Vegas? Locating cheaper insurance for your Subaru Outback in Nevada can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance so you're going to learn the proper way to quote coverages on a Subaru and find the lowest possible price either online or from Las Vegas insurance agents.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Shopping around for cheaper coverage in Las Vegas is quite easy. Drivers only have to learn the tricks to find the lowest price online from multiple companies.
Affordable companies for Subaru Outback insurance
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$162||$248||$314||$18||$94||$836||$70|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$142||$248||$324||$20||$96||$830||$69|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$214||$372||$372||$22||$112||$1,092||$91|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$294||$544||$372||$22||$112||$1,344||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can alter prices significantly.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise Subaru Outback premium costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The illustration below shows the comparison of Subaru Outback annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The data assumes no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Subaru Outback replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Subaru Outback insurance discounts in Las Vegas
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable their insurance company to analyze vehicle usage remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Smart Student Discounts - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Save with a New Car - Buying a new car model may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- College Student - Older children who attend college more than 100 miles from Las Vegas and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Seniors can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break when getting a Las Vegas auto insurance quote.
Consumers should know that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
Companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and bundle.
- American Family has savings for early bird, good student, Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and good student.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-car, student away at school, save driver, early quote, IntelliDrive, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, pay in full, bundle discounts, homeowner, and good student.
- USAA includes discounts for new vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, military installation, vehicle storage, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, exclusive group savings, new move discount, multi-car, teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, and multi-policy.
If you are trying to find low cost Las Vegas auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To see a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Nevada, click here.
When to talk to an agent
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Las Vegas who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you just need to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Las Vegas, which companies do they recommend?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
What types of car insurance agents are in Las Vegas?
When searching for a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it's worth mentioning why they differ because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Las Vegas that can give you price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Kenny Redelsperger
4045 Spencer St #114 - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 735-0926 - View Map
- State Farm: Gregory A Moore
4312 W Charleston Blvd - Las Vegas, NV 89102 - (702) 870-9298 - View Map
- David Habart - State Farm Insurance Agent
2035 Village Center Cir #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 851-2400 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you check rates from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Most also write with companies you've never heard of that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Las Vegas independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Lanny Maren CIG Insurance Las Vegas
4175 S Riley St #200 - Las Vegas, NV 89147 - (702) 597-5998 - View Map
- Safeguard Insurance LLC
5225 S Durango Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89113 - (702) 638-0022 - View Map
- All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (725) 696-7707 - View Map
Car insurance advertising gotchas
Nevada drivers constantly see and hear ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you just switch your policy.
How does every car insurance company lower your auto insurance rates?
Insurance companies give the cheapest rates for the driver that will add to their bottom line. A good example of this type of driver could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. Someone that matches those criteria will probably get cheap prices and will also save some money.
Drivers who don't qualify for these stringent criteria must pay higher premium rates and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The trick companies use is to say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. That's the way companies can state the savings. This illustrates why drivers should get Las Vegas auto insurance quotes as often as possible. You cannot predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings.
Don't give up on affordable rates
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More affordable insurance in Las Vegas is available both online and with local Las Vegas insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who don't offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Subaru Outback insurance car insurance rates in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More tips and info about insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Forte in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much are Nevada Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 21? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Carson City, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Winchester, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Good Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)