Cutting costs on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Las Vegas may be nearly impossible for drivers new to buying insurance online. Drivers have so many different companies and agents to choose from that it can quickly become a ton of work to lower your prices on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and almost half have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Las Vegas drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't know the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
You should make it a habit to quote other rates before your next renewal because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best quotes on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Las Vegas a couple years back you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the fastest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Las Vegas can be made easier if you know where to look. If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to find better prices using the following tips. But Nevada vehicle owners do need to learn how big insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps increase your odds of locating better pricing.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance rates and discounts
Companies don't list every disount available very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online.
- Government Employees - Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Las Vegas auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Military Rewards - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better prices.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used SLS AMG may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Passive Restraints - Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 can get better insurance rates.
- E-sign - Certain larger companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Early Signing - Some insurance companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current SLS AMG insurance policy expiration. You may see this discount when you get Las Vegas auto insurance quotes online.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Insurance agencies can help
Many drivers would prefer to have an agent's advice and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your business. You don't have to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the quoted price. Any agent in Las Vegas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
Listed below is a short list of insurance companies in Las Vegas that may be able to provide rate quotes for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Las Vegas.
- Mario Giannini - State Farm Insurance Agent
9484 W Lake Mead Blvd #7 - Las Vegas, NV 89134 - (702) 982-3300 - View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
2349 E Bonanza Rd - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 671-4081 - View Map
- Juan Diaz - State Farm Insurance Agent
1718 S Eastern Ave - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 489-4242 - View Map
- Alliance Insurance Agency
1955 E Tropicana Ave h - Las Vegas, NV 89119 - (702) 518-6727 - View Map
Insurance Price Influencing Factors
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Older drivers pay less - Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- High credit rating translates to low costs - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG by improving your credit score. People that have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings.
- Tickets are costly - Having just one moving violation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get license-revoking violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state's licensing department in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower car insurance rates - Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft deterrent systems such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- Keep policy claims to a minimum - If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Nevada give cheaper rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- High deductibles equal low rates - The deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rearending another vehicle, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG has a lienholder, most lenders will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so compare rates every year to ensure rates are inline.
Be persistent to save money
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance premium rates in Las Vegas. It's most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from the least-expected company.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, poor customer service or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
Some companies do not offer online quoting and these smaller providers work with independent agencies. The cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Las Vegas is available online and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about auto insurance in Nevada can be found below:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for High School Students in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Postal Workers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)