Comparison shopping for low cost Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas is always very difficult for drivers who are beginners to comparing prices online. With so many options of insurers to choose from, it can easily turn into a difficult mission to find the best rates.
Amazingly, almost 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Drivers in Las Vegas could save an average of approximately $545 each year by just shopping around, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a more affordable policy.
You should make it a habit to compare prices at least once a year because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest price on Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas a few years ago you can probably find a better rate now. You'll find a ton of advice on Expedition insurance online, but you can learn some guaranteed methods to lower your car insurance bill.
Quoting and buying the best-priced car insurance coverage in Las Vegas is not as hard as you may think. Virtually every driver who compares rate quotes for car insurance most likely will find a cheaper policy. Although Nevada consumers should learn how companies determine how much to charge because rates fluctuate considerably.
Most larger insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get coverage prices directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas is easy for anyone as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into a form. Once entered, their rating system obtains information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas helps simplify price comparisons, and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to get a better rate.
To get comparison pricing now, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you have a policy now, it's recommended you input the insurance coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will get comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Nevada. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$190||$306||$316||$18||$94||$924||$77|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$258||$494||$296||$18||$88||$1,154||$96|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$306||$402||$344||$20||$102||$1,174||$98|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$130||$214||$252||$14||$76||$686||$57|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$198||$350||$270||$16||$80||$914||$76|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$300||$564||$262||$16||$78||$1,220||$102|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$130||$252||$252||$14||$76||$724||$60|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$286||$554||$296||$18||$88||$1,242||$104|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$294||$544||$316||$18||$94||$1,266||$106|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$244||$382||$262||$16||$78||$982||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in zip code location which can affect price quotes noticeably.
Annual premiums for males versus females
The information below shows the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The rate quotes are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no definitive rule of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Expedition book value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $600 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Car insurance is not optional in Nevada
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Las Vegas, paying for car insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Expedition, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your Ford Expedition and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it's very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for these eight discounts?
Some insurers do not list all discounts very well, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Auto/Life Discount - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Paper-free Discount - Some car insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same car insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Distant Student - Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Professional Organizations - Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount on car insurance.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, you won't be that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- The Hartford may include discounts for good student, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, and driver training.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, defensive driver, accident-free, air bags, good driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has savings for IntelliDrive, home ownership, good student, student away at school, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include bundle discounts, business and professional, youthful driver, early shopping, electronic funds transfer, good student, and teen driver.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, military installation, good student, and defensive driver.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include multi-policy, safety features, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, and preferred payment discount.
Double check with each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area. To find providers who offer car insurance discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Auto insurance agents can find coverage gaps
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. And providing support for local agencies is definitely important in Las Vegas.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes to get your business. You never need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Below is a list of insurance companies in Las Vegas who can help you get price quote information for Ford Expedition insurance in Las Vegas.
- Jody Evans - State Farm Insurance Agent
8450 W Sahara Ave #111 - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 251-9760 - View Map
- AMS Insurance
9960 W Cheyenne Ave #240 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (702) 965-3680 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3315 W Craig Rd #110 - North Las Vegas, NV 89032 - (702) 643-0057 - View Map
- Tim Powers - State Farm Insurance Agent
2920 S Rainbow Blvd #100 - Las Vegas, NV 89146 - (702) 871-8338 - View Map
Picking the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the price. Any agent in Las Vegas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Is there a local claims center in Las Vegas?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Which is the best auto insurance?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need an agent's assistance.
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Expedition to commute?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Auto insurance specifics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you'll find the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability car insurance - This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 15/30/10 that translate to $15,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things such as repair bills for other people's vehicles, court costs and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as pain medications, ambulance fees, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Ford Expedition.
Since many Nevada drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive coverage - Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, theft and fire damage. The maximum payout you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages - This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Expedition from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to increase the deductible on your Expedition to bring the cost down.
Find cheap car insurance prices by comparing often
Cheaper car insurance in Las Vegas is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Las Vegas agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
When you buy Las Vegas auto insurance online, don't be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Las Vegas, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Think You're a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)