Do you want to stop overpaying and find lower-priced Chrysler 200 insurance in Reno? If shopping for Reno car insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be confused by the confusing number of insurance companies all promising to save you money.
Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of consumers in Nevada kept their coverage with the same insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. could save an average of about $859 each year, but they don't know the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
You should take the time to do price comparisons yearly because insurance rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest premium rates on Chrysler 200 insurance in Reno last year you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to find better coverage on Chrysler 200 insurance in Reno at a better price.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more rates from different companies will enable you to find better pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it's important to compare rates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Reno, NV. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Reno car insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Reno Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course - Successfully completing a defensive driver course can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- E-sign - Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 get Reno car insurance over the internet.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Reno car insurance quote.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may receive reduced rates.
- Membership in Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization could trigger savings on your next renewal.
- Military Deployment Discount - Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
As a sidenote, some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. If you do the math and it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren't that generous.
Some of the larger companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
When quoting, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To locate companies who offer discounts in Reno, follow this link.
Three good reasons to insure your Chrysler 200
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Chrysler 200 in Reno, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $820 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Some people just want to talk to an insurance agent and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying insurance from small agencies is important particularly in Reno.
By using this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. You'll get the best rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
When finding a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most can insure with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are Reno independent insurance agencies who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance - Rielli Insurance and Financial Services, LLC
10399 Double R Blvd #107 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 502-8444 - View Map
- Estrella Auto Insurance
1314 S Wells Ave - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 323-1800 - View Map
- LP Insurance Services Inc
300 E 2nd St #1300 - Reno, NV 89501 - (775) 996-6000 - View Map
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. They are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy from the same agent for years primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Reno willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Bentley Jr - State Farm Insurance Agent
248 E Liberty St - Reno, NV 89501 - (775) 786-0888 - View Map
- Tim Leuenhagen - State Farm Insurance Agent
720 Robb Dr #101 - Reno, NV 89523 - (775) 359-2100 - View Map
- Jolene Falcone - State Farm Insurance Agent
3590 W Plumb Ln b - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 329-1191 - View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- How often do they review coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- How long has their agency been in business in Reno?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
Insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage to your 200 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your 200 to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chrysler 200.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy's liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as vandalism, hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, hitting a deer and damage from flooding. The maximum amount you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/10 which stand for a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, funeral expenses and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it's recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for surgery, nursing services, dental work, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage