Are you tired of overpaying and want the cheapest Chevy Traverse insurance in Las Vegas? Price shopping your Chevy Traverse insurance in Las Vegas can seem to be kind of frustrating for beginners to online insurance quotes. There are so many companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a lot of work to compare coverage rates on Chevy Traverse insurance.
Regrettably, a large majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. The average driver in Las Vegas could pocket roughly 35% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rates.
It's a good habit to compare prices yearly because prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal on Chevy Traverse insurance in Las Vegas last year you will most likely find a better premium rate today. There is too much inaccurate information about Traverse insurance online but in this article, you're going to get some of the best techniques to find affordable auto insurance in Las Vegas.
These discounts can reduce Chevy Traverse insurance rates
Auto insurance companies don't always list every possible discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the more hidden car insurance savings.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving fewer miles may enable drivers to earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Military Discounts - Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers that enable data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device such as Progressive's Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Government Employee Discount - Having worked for a branch of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Las Vegas car insurance with certain companies.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
Don't be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won't be that lucky.
Popular car insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- American Family may include discounts for air bags, early bird, TimeAway discount, defensive driver, good driver, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Nationwide policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident-free, business or organization, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, defensive driver, good student, multi-policy, claim-free, and accident-free.
- 21st Century discounts include early bird, defensive driver, driver training, student driver, 55 and older, and teen driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including early shopping, teen driver, alternative fuel, good student, pay in full, and business and professional.
- Allstate has discounts for anti-theft, utility vehicle, defensive driver, multi-policy, passive restraint, and 55 and retired.
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in Las Vegas. To locate insurers who offer cheap Chevy Traverse insurance quotes in Las Vegas, follow this link.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get Las Vegas Traverse insurance quotes over the internet, so it's recommended that you also compare rates from them, too.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Las Vegas, NV. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$204||$326||$246||$14||$74||$864||$72|
|Traverse LS AWD||$264||$380||$316||$18||$94||$1,072||$89|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$190||$208||$344||$20||$102||$864||$72|
|Traverse LT AWD||$170||$276||$252||$14||$76||$788||$66|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$212||$318||$268||$16||$80||$894||$75|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$198||$298||$270||$16||$80||$862||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Las Vegas which can impact price quotes considerably.
Cautious Las Vegas drivers save money
The chart below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Chevrolet Traverse insurance prices for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The information below illustrates the difference between Chevrolet Traverse premium costs with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Nevada. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There is no written rule to stop paying for physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Traverse claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $300 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
What Impacts Chevy Traverse Insurance Premiums?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find cheaper rates.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Male rates may be higher - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn't prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. They both are in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - Drivers with little experience are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving therefore insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a first-time driver to your policy can break the bank. Mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Good drivers pay less - Attentive drivers have lower premiums as compared to those with violations. Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Safer vehicles means cheaper premiums - Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
- Chevy Traverse insurance loss data - Companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that the data shows to have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Chevy Traverse vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Traverse Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD 75 101 72 93 90 90 Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD 72 91 82 78 76 78
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
It's not one size fits all
When it comes to the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in Nevada?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Comparing rates from local Las Vegas auto insurance agents
Some people just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agents is important particularly in Las Vegas.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area that can give you free Las Vegas car insurance quotes for your coverage. You never need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Different types of car insurance agents in Las Vegas
If you're trying to find a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance agencies are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it's recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many write coverage with companies you've never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Las Vegas who may provide competitive price quotes.
- Harrison Insurance Agency
724 S 9th St - Las Vegas, NV 89101 - (702) 648-1634 - View Map
- All Around Insurance Agency, Inc.
3970 N Tenaya Way #110 - Las Vegas, NV 89129 - (725) 696-7707 - View Map
- All Nevada Insurance
9440 W Sahara Ave #210 - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 873-4889 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are trained well on sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Chris Lopez - State Farm Insurance Agent
11700 W Charleston Blvd #175 - Las Vegas, NV 89135 - (702) 870-3663 - View Map
- Jody Evans - State Farm Insurance Agent
8450 W Sahara Ave #111 - Las Vegas, NV 89117 - (702) 251-9760 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Nino Jimenez
3375 Glen Ave #10 - Las Vegas, NV 89121 - (702) 696-1606 - View Map
Picking the best car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Las Vegas?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
Why you need Traverse insurance in Nevada
Even though Las Vegas Traverse insurance rates can get expensive, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Traverse, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Chevy but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Traverse outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. On average, a vehicle owner in Las Vegas is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to lower your Chevy Traverse insurance rates in Las Vegas. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Las Vegas car insurance, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Chevrolet Traverse rate quotes. You may even find the lowest rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Lower-priced insurance in Las Vegas is available from both online companies in addition to many Las Vegas insurance agents, so you need to shop Las Vegas car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not have internet price quotes and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)