Are you burned out from scraping nickels together to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than most other consumers in Nevada.
Statistics show that almost 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared car insurance rates at all. Consumers in Las Vegas could cut their rates by as much as $545 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rates online. Lots of auto insurance companies contend for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to find the absolute best price available on Chevy Silverado insurance in Las Vegas.
If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, follow these tips to get lower rates without reducing protection. Choosing the most cost-effective insurance policy in Las Vegas is much easier if you know where to start. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to compare price quotes over the internet.
Companies offering Chevy Silverado insurance in Las Vegas
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in Nevada. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$178||$340||$394||$24||$118||$1,054||$88|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$198||$386||$324||$20||$96||$1,024||$85|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$302||$478||$456||$26||$136||$1,398||$117|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$134||$232||$358||$22||$108||$854||$71|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$266||$478||$308||$18||$92||$1,162||$97|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$204||$394||$324||$20||$96||$1,038||$87|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$258||$470||$356||$22||$106||$1,212||$101|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$258||$470||$356||$22||$106||$1,212||$101|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$258||$554||$324||$20||$96||$1,252||$104|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$402||$334||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$306||$472||$404||$24||$120||$1,326||$111|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$402||$334||$20||$100||$1,066||$89|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$190||$298||$456||$26||$136||$1,106||$92|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$260||$464||$314||$18||$94||$1,150||$96|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$258||$534||$452||$26||$136||$1,406||$117|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$218||$382||$308||$18||$92||$1,018||$85|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$168||$364||$290||$18||$86||$926||$77|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$210||$430||$324||$20||$96||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can lower or raise coverage rates greatly.
Chevrolet Silverado liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Chevrolet Silverado car insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Chevrolet Silverado book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $200 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Don't cancel your coverage without a new one in place - Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you fines and jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada department of motor vehicles.
- An active insurance claims history can increase rates - If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Nevada provide better rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Poor credit rating equals high costs - An insured's credit history is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Silverado by repairing your credit. People that have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- What type of vehicle do you drive? - The type of car you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. Because the Chevrolet Silverado falls in the pickup truck class, rates will be similar in price when compared to the average rates in Las Vegas. Smaller low performance passenger cars generally receive the lowest base rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
- Only buy extra coverages you need - There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren't diligent. Coverages for rental car coverage, accident forgiveness, and term life insurance could be just wasting money. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so remove them and pocket the money.
- Occupation stress can make you pay more - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as military generals, executives and emergency personnel have the highest rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and retirees generally pay rates lower than average.
- Chevy Silverado claim statistics - Insurers use data from past claims to help determine the rate you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the loss history for Chevy Silverado vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Silverado Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2WD 76 118 85 78 69 125 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD 60 76 72 54 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 89 103 131 77 70 94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 96 105 116 57 57 87 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 90 126 100 88 85 117 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 84 98 89 60 60 88 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 2WD 60 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 4WD 66 97 66 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 76 127 65 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 88 114 97 45 42 82 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 2WD 80 54 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 79 105 83 37 43 75 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 4WD 65 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 98 127 108 54 39 76 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Ext Cab 4WD 129 127
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer many types of discounts on Chevy Silverado insurance in Las Vegas
Auto insurance companies don't list all discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Las Vegas car insurance online. If you don't get every credit possible, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Las Vegas car insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Older drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
- Accident Free - Las Vegas drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Successfully completing a safe driver course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Professional Memberships - Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don't profit that way. Any qualifying discounts will bring down your policy premium.
Companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm includes discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for alternative fuel, switch companies, early shopping, mature driver, pay in full, and multi-car.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, air bags, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, and daytime running lights.
- American Family discounts include air bags, early bird, good driver, accident-free, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, and good student.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, family plan, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in Las Vegas.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information gets sent to companies in Las Vegas who can give free rate quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Las Vegas, get answers to these questions.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Las Vegas
When narrowing the list to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents in Las Vegas are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can usually just insure with one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Las Vegas who can help you get comparison quotes.
Tom Ferrier - State Farm Insurance Agent
7528 Westcliff Dr - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 255-7770 - View Map
Marivic Macabasco - State Farm Insurance Agent
1096 E Sahara Ave #207 - Las Vegas, NV 89104 - (702) 892-9908 - View Map
Independent insurance agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, you absolutely need to include several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are Las Vegas independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Sage Insurance Services Inc Agency
1081 S Cimarron Rd, Ste B56 - Las Vegas, NV 89145 - (702) 613-0000 - View Map
Is there truth in advertising?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings for switching by Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make the promise that drivers will save a bundle if you move your policy.
How is it possible that every company can claim to save you money?
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable customer should be a married male, is a homeowner, and insures a new vehicle. A driver that fits those parameters receive the lowest rate quotes in Las Vegas and have a good chance to save money with a new company.
Potential insureds who don't measure up to this stringent profile will have to pay a higher premium which results in business going elsewhere. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers that switch" not "all people who quote" save the amount stated. This is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. This emphasizes why you should compare rate quotes every year. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Which is the best insurance?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How many claims can I have before being cancelled?
- What is glass protection for?
- Is my Chevy Silverado covered if I use it for business?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Nevada?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
One last thing to lower rates
Lower-priced auto insurance in Las Vegas is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for Chevy Silverado insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Las Vegas car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest prices come from a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers and lack of trust in their agent. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below: