How long have you put off shopping around for lower-priced Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Henderson? When trying to find lower-priced insurance, do you get overwhelmed by the crazy number of auto insurance choices in Henderson? Nevada vehicle owners have so many choices to choose from that it can easily become hard work to find lower auto insurance rates on Chevy Captiva Sport insurance. Henderson is a great city to raise a family in, but getting gouged by high auto insurance rates can make it hard for many drivers to afford good insurance coverage.
Inconceivable but true, most Nevada auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in America could pocket up to $850 a year, but they just assume it's a time-consuming process to shop around.
Four Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help determine your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with cheaper rates. Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but others are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
High comp and collision deductibles cost less - The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Save by driving safer vehicles - Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Chevy Captiva Sport earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
Younger drivers pay high premiums - Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.Inexperience drivers tend to be more careless when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
Never let your policy expire - Having an insurance coverage lapse will be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Chevy Captiva Sport claim probability - Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Vehicles
|Specific Chevrolet Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD||89||95||88||123||115||105|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices helps locate lower pricing.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Nevada. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Henderson, paying for car insurance is required in Nevada but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at an extremely high rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $825 a year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Get cheaper Chevy Captiva Sport insurance in Henderson with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there's a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Some trigger automatically when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before they will apply.
- Telematics Discount - Drivers that enable their insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they are good drivers.
- Senior Citizens - Seniors could receive lower premium rates.
- Drivers Education - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Drive Less and Save - Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
- Claim Free - Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Captiva Sport insurance premium.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will forgive one accident without raising rates so long as you haven't had any claims for a specific time period.
One last thing about discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky. But all discounts will lower the cost of coverage.
To locate insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Nevada, click here.
Car insurance is available from local agents
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain the best rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is still important in Henderson.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to companies in Henderson that provide free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to find an agent because prices are sent to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you would like to find an insurance agent, there are two different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Agents in Henderson are categorized either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything.
When shopping rates, you should always include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Henderson who may provide cheap rate quotes.
- Yoder Insurance Ltd
283 Grand Olympia Dr - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 434-7640 - View Map
- Safeco Insurance
2736 Marie Antoinette St - Henderson, NV 89044 - (866) 694-9046 - View Map
- Avenue Insurance Agency
1258 Rising Cloud Cir - Henderson, NV 89052 - (702) 933-3289 - View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so it's a take it or leave it situation. They are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are exclusive agents in Henderson that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Michael Westra
205 N Stephanie St e - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 435-4211 - View Map
- Lisa Downer - State Farm Insurance Agent
1450 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy b302 - Henderson, NV 89012 - (702) 492-6287 - View Map
- Eugene Ramos - State Farm Insurance Agent
1205 W Warm Springs Rd #107 - Henderson, NV 89014 - (702) 597-1750 - View Map
Deciding on an car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Does their agency support local causes in Henderson?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
After getting satisfactory answers to all your questions and an acceptable price quote, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that is a good match to insure your vehicles. But keep in mind it's your policy and you can cancel a policy when you choose so never assume that you're stuck with any specific agency with no way out.
Frequent quotes can save
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, poor customer service or even policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to compare Chevy Captiva Sport insurance car insurance rates in Henderson. It's most important to understand that the more you quote Henderson auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a small local company.
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Rogue in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Dayton, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Nevada Auto Insurance Quotes for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)