Locating the cheapest insurance for a Cadillac Escalade in Nevada can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to find lower rates. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Cadillac and get the cheapest rates.
Locating the best rates in Reno is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, follow these tips to reduce premiums without sacrificing coverage. Drivers just need to understand the most efficient way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are not quite as obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
Never let your insurance policy lapse - Letting your insurance expire can be a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Cadillac Escalade is rated at a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Get a ticket, pay higher rates - A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Just one ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get severe violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Occupation can influence premiums - Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work situations and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, occupations such as farmers, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
Marriage can lower prices - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price compared to being single. It usually means you are more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Discounts for theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart auto theft.
More performance means more cost - The type of car you own makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Cadillac Escalade is classified as a luxury SUV, insurance will be substantially more in price as compared to the average rate in Reno. Smaller low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Premiums are high for teenagers - Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and receive fewer citations.Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be less responsible when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
Loss statistics for a Cadillac Escalade - Companies use past insurance losses to help determine the rate you pay. Models that statistically have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Cadillac Escalade vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Cadillac Escalade Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 2WD||156||122|
|Cadillac Escalade 4dr 4WD||132||99||119||55|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 2WD||124|
|Cadillac Escalade ESV 4dr 4WD||123||106||155|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest way to compare rate quotes for Cadillac Escalade insurance in Reno takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to give you rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is give them some information including how much education you have, which vehicles you own, whether you drive to work or school, and whether you are married. Your rating data is then sent to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes with very little delay.
To find the cheapest Cadillac Escalade insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Reno.
The following companies offer price comparisons in Reno, NV. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$420||$650||$504||$30||$152||$1,756||$146|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$222||$342||$386||$22||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$192||$336||$404||$24||$122||$1,078||$90|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$252||$430||$436||$26||$130||$1,274||$106|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$412||$688||$456||$26||$136||$1,718||$143|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$248||$532||$470||$28||$140||$1,418||$118|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$346||$758||$436||$26||$130||$1,696||$141|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$192||$380||$436||$26||$130||$1,164||$97|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$274||$600||$394||$24||$118||$1,410||$118|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$232||$540||$452||$26||$136||$1,386||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Price information does not factor in your specific Reno location which can raise or lower rates considerably.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below illustrates the difference between Cadillac Escalade insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to eliminate full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Cadillac Escalade claim settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Cadillac Escalade insurance rates for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims drive up Cadillac Escalade premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Is there truth in advertising?
Nevada consumers can't escape the ads that promise big savings from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all seem to make the point that you can save if you switch your policy.
How does every auto insurance company make almost identical claims? It's all in the numbers.
Companies give the cheapest rates for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a profitable insured should be over the age of 35, has had continuous coverage, and drives a vehicle with a low ISO rating. A customer getting a price quote that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap rates and will most likely save money with a new company.
Drivers who cannot meet the ideal profile will get more expensive rates and the customer buying from someone else. Company advertisements say "customers who switch" not "everybody who quotes" will save that much if they switch. That's why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why it's extremely important to get Reno car insurance quotes from several different companies. You cannot predict which auto insurance company will give you lower prices than your current company.
Protect your Cadillac Escalade and other assets
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Cadillac in Reno, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac Escalade has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Cadillac at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your Cadillac Escalade and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Nevada overpays more than $820 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to save money.
These discounts can reduce Cadillac Escalade insurance rates
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but you may be missing some discounts that can help lower your rates. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before being credited. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Driver Safety - Taking a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Own a Home and Save - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Cars with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Memberships - Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could earn you a nice discount on auto insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount - When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Reno car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Reno car insurance quote.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
Popular auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers discounts for good student, accident-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, claim-free, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Travelers discounts include payment discounts, good student, early quote, save driver, continuous insurance, driver training, and new car.
- SAFECO may include discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, safe driver, and drive less.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Reno. To choose auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Nevada, click here.
Local Reno car insurance agents and car insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Licensed agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Reno car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to do any legwork because prices are sent instantly to you. If you need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Reno insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can write your policy. Agents in Reno are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them because it can impact the selection process.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are State Farm or Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Listed below are Reno exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
- Allstate Insurance: Martin Borges
1055 W Moana Ln Ste 102 - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 828-9834 - View Map
- Shane McCartin Agency - Farmers Insurance
9640 S McCarran Blvd #200 - Reno, NV 89523 - (775) 298-4040 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Nichole Nunez
212 Lemmon Dr - Reno, NV 89506 - (775) 332-1818 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you contact a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most have the option of insuring with smaller regional carriers which can save you money.
Below are Reno independent agents that are able to give price quotes.
- AIM - Associated Insurance Managers
7025 Longley Ln #60 - Reno, NV 89511 - (775) 827-1400 - View Map
- Comstock Insurance Agencies
9424 Double R Blvd - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 853-9424 - View Map
- A and H Insurance
3301 S Virginia St #201 - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 829-2600 - View Map
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn't really a "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you might need professional guidance.
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and can help protect your family.
One last note
A few companies may not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced Cadillac Escalade insurance in Reno is available both online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
We just presented many ways to get a better price on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Reno. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for 4x4 Vehicles in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Elko, Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Mesquite, Nevada? (FAQ)
- How Much is Nevada Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)