Finding cheaper Reno Nissan Altima insurance quotes might seem impossible for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. With so many insurance agents and online companies available, how are vehicle owners expected to efficiently compare every company to locate the lowest price?
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers in Nevada have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by about $850 a year, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
How to get free Nissan Altima insurance quotes online
When looking for low cost Reno car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from all the different companies. The quickest method to compare Nissan Altima insurance prices is to get quotes online.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Reno Altima insurance quotes online, so it's important to compare price estimates from those companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Nevada. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$408||$296||$18||$88||$1,016||$85|
|Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$166||$374||$324||$20||$96||$980||$82|
|Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$438||$372||$22||$112||$1,158||$97|
|Altima 2.5 S 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$374||$356||$22||$106||$1,070||$89|
|Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$212||$374||$314||$18||$94||$1,012||$84|
|Altima 3.5 SR 2-Dr Coupe||$188||$430||$394||$24||$118||$1,154||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The illustration below shows the comparison of Nissan Altima auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Impact of careless driving on auto insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders impact Nissan Altima car insurance rates for different age groups. The data is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Why you need to buy auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Nissan Altima in Reno, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Altima has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Nissan at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your Nissan and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially if you ever need it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Affordable rates by applying these nine discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every disount available in a way that's easy to find, so the list below details a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that may be available. If you check and find you aren't receiving every discount you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Reno Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the internet.
- Driver's Education for Students - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow driving data submission to analyze their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates as long as the data is positive.
- Life Insurance - Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like GEICO, State Farm, and Progressive allow you one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Larger insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- American Family has savings for good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and bundled insurance.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for safe driver, driver training, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, and youthful driver.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, driver's education, multiple autos, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- Travelers includes discounts for multi-car, student away at school, new car, multi-policy, and good student.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, driver training, good student, anti-theft, air bag, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, emergency military deployment, good student, federal employee, defensive driver, air bags, and driver training.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
When quoting, ask every company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in Reno. To see a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Nevada, follow this link.
Are insurance agencies of importance?
Many people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance quotes and still choose a local agent.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can give you free Reno car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Reno should be willing to answer these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- If they are an independent agency in Reno, which companies do they recommend?
- What companies can they write with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which family members are covered?
If you would like to find a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agencies in Reno are categorized either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Reno exclusive agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Tim Leuenhagen - State Farm Insurance Agent
720 Robb Dr #101 - Reno, NV 89523 - (775) 359-2100 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Byron Nuthall
3939 S McCarran Blvd - Reno, NV 89502 - (775) 857-2202 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Daniel Dexter
1111 Steamboat Pkwy #450 - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 851-0101 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing auto insurance rates, it's a good idea to get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most can insure with small mutual carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Reno that are able to give price quotes.
- Comstock Insurance Agencies
9424 Double R Blvd - Reno, NV 89521 - (775) 853-9424 - View Map
- Alpine Insurance Associates
6160 Plumas St # 201 - Reno, NV 89519 - (775) 829-2345 - View Map
- Bob Lopez Insurance Agency
30 Mary St - Reno, NV 89509 - (775) 354-4126 - View Map
If you receive good responses to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, chances are good that you have found a car insurance agent that will service your policy. Just remember you can terminate your policy when you choose so don't assume you're contractually obligated to a specific company for the full policy term.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs could use an agent's help.
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Nevada?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage - Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as theft, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a deer. The highest amount you'll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as ambulance fees, nursing services, surgery and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision - Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible on your Altima in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage - This protects you and your vehicle's occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Nissan Altima.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (Nevada limits are 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability car insurance - Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 15/30/10 which means a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Nevada state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry higher limits.
Quote more and you will save more
Drivers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Nissan Altima insurance car insurance rates online in Reno. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting affordable Reno car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below: