Do you think you bought high-priced GMC Acadia insurance in Henderson? It's quite common and many Henderson drivers have buyer's remorse.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,620, Henderson drivers could save an average of nearly 35% each year, but most just don't grasp how much money they would save if they just switched companies. Because you have many car insurance companies to choose from, it's difficult to find the cheapest insurer.
This information will let you in on the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you are insured now, you will be able to find better prices using the concepts covered in this article. Consumers just need to learn the fastest way to compare different rates using one simple form.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in Nevada. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$162||$280||$296||$18||$88||$844||$70|
|Acadia SL AWD||$144||$238||$372||$22||$112||$888||$74|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$188||$260||$314||$18||$94||$874||$73|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$204||$414||$348||$20||$104||$1,090||$91|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$242||$440||$318||$18||$96||$1,114||$93|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$188||$334||$348||$20||$104||$994||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence coverage prices substantially.
Auto insurance rates by age and gender in Henderson
The illustration below illustrates the difference between GMC Acadia yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Protect more than your Acadia
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Henderson, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Nevada but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your GMC, it's guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your GMC at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your GMC as the result of the weather or an accident, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Acadia more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $800 each year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
What Impacts GMC Acadia Insurance Prices?
Many different elements are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Commute or pleasure use - Driving a lot of miles every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It's a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Acadia may be costing you higher rates.
- Pay less with a high NHTSA crash test rating - Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your GMC Acadia has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Gals tend to take less risk - Statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men get in fender benders in similar numbers, but the males have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Where you live - Being located in less populated areas has it's advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer people means fewer accidents. City drivers have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time on the road means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Job stress can make you pay more - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, executives and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- A coverage lapse can increase premiums - Driving without insurance is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Nevada motor vehicle department.
- Can a thief steal your car? - Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder car theft.
- GMC Acadia insurance claim data - Car insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that historically have higher loss trends will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Acadia Vehicles
Specific GMC Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money by receiving discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don't even know exist. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be inquired about prior to getting the savings. If you don't get every credit possible, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Onboard Data Collection - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Save over 55 - Mature drivers could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver - Taking a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Henderson is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Sign Early and Save - A few insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Henderson auto insurance online.
- Online Discount - Some companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
- Multi-line Discount - Larger companies have a break if you buy some life insurance too.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To see companies offering insurance discounts in Henderson, click here.
Independent versus exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important especially in Henderson.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to participating agents in Henderson that can give you free Henderson auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
The different types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers may be either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it's worth mentioning how they are different since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, it's a good idea to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Henderson that may be able to give you comparison quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Henderson that can give you rate quotes.
American Family Insurance - Sean Stewart Agency Inc.
2520 St Rose Pkwy #103 - Henderson, NV 89074 - (702) 479-1570 - View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. A good agent in Henderson will have answers to these questions.
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Nevada?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
Cheap car insurance rates are out there
Budget-friendly car insurance in Henderson can be sourced from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not have online quoting and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for High Mileage Drivers in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)