Want to learn the secrets to finding low-cost auto insurance rates in Henderson, NV? Henderson consumers have options when looking for the lowest priced Acura RDX insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to get rate comparisons or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so you're going to learn the proper way to get price quotes for a new or used Acura and get the lowest price.
It's a good idea to do price comparisons at least once a year because prices change frequently. Just because you had the best deal on Acura RDX insurance in Henderson a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to learn one of the easiest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, use these techniques to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. These tips will teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some money-saving tips. Shoppers just need to know the best way to shop for insurance from multiple carriers.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Henderson, NV. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$244||$434||$270||$16||$80||$1,044||$87|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$214||$438||$316||$18||$94||$1,080||$90|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Nevada minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in zip code location which can impact auto insurance rates considerably.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Acura RDX premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Acura RDX full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below shows the difference between Acura RDX insurance prices with and without full coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no specific rule of when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Acura RDX replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Acura RDX insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Acura RDX insurance, car insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability protection if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Nevada these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Acura with a loan, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Acura at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your Acura RDX and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Take advantage of these five discounts on Acura RDX insurance in Henderson
Companies that sell car insurance do not list every possible discount very clearly, so the next list breaks down both the well known and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Telematics Data Discounts - People who choose to allow companies to spy on when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot and State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Driver's Education for Students - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver's education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive better auto insurance rates.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning a home in Henderson may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Nevada, click here to view.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is you can get the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Henderson.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an provider shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Henderson?
Parts of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your RDX to save money on collision insurance.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people's claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 that means you have a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, bail bonds, legal defense fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. Nevada state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but you should consider buying higher limits.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, fire damage and falling objects. The most you'll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like surgery, ambulance fees and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Acura RDX.
Since many Nevada drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/10), their limits can quickly be used up. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
As you quote Henderson car insurance, it's a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
We just presented many ideas to lower your Acura RDX insurance car insurance rates in Henderson. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Henderson is available online in addition to many Henderson insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Nevada Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Enterprise, Nevada? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Nevada? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)